Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2004 Heritage Classic from a dealer 3 weeks ago and it came with the Boom audio speaker system. The previous owner had the speakers mounted on the crash bars instead of the handle bars behind the windshield. I went to move them up so the sound would be better behind the windshield and they wont fit because they are a smaller diameter than the crashbars! I called HD parts and service and was told that I could not order just those little shims. So now I am screwed. Anyone have any kicking around that they are not using? or know how to do an after market fix for this???

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
You could make your own shims out of PVC or rubber hose I would think.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a set I would be glad to send to you. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1433177055.018243.jpg

Hopefully these are the guys you are looking for. I never throw anything away. It finally pays off. Send me a PM with you address and I will send them today.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is why I belong to these groups. People are always willing to help each other out. Thanks again to 1 shot for the Boom spacers, I will pay it forward for sure!

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
1shot is legit.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Huh. Idea: We should have a discussion section somewhere here where we can post extraneous parts and what-nots we have that we'll never need.

·
On the loose
8,723 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts