Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Sportster 1200 and having trouble reaching the clutch and brake. I put Kuryakyn trigger levers on and although they are a tad better, did not solve my problem. When I brake, I have to reach forward and throttle up when I pull back on it. That is NOT good!! Plus after a short time of using the clutch, my hand/thumb gets sore and fatigued. Any suggestions? Really wanting to ride.....comfortably and safely!!

·
Banned
853 Posts
What about a reduced reach seat?
Wouldn't that help? Harley sells one. I would also check j & p cycles. They sell many brands that move you closer.
Their Harley technical support could help you also.
This is an easy fix. Just a little research needed.
Good luck
Ride safe

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of a fix for the "short finger" problem. The only thing I can think of, would be to raise the lever perch up a tad, to see if that helps..

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
I have a 1993 Sportster 1200 and having trouble reaching the clutch and brake. I put Kuryakyn trigger levers on and although they are a tad better, did not solve my problem. When I brake, I have to reach forward and throttle up when I pull back on it. That is NOT good!! Plus after a short time of using the clutch, my hand/thumb gets sore and fatigued. Any suggestions? Really wanting to ride.....comfortably and safely!!
Sounds like you may want bars. Use the search function and you'll find everything you'd ever want to read and see about 'em.

But, first, head over to "New to the Community" and introduce yourself. Members will appreciate it as a courtesy.

And, since you're a "chik" you'll get a ton of welcomes from the guys. They're animals. :laugh

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've never heard of a fix for the "short finger" problem. The only thing I can think of, would be to raise the lever perch up a tad, to see if that helps..
Oh, I didn't understand. Chik, if you reach the grips just fine but can't reach the levers due to short fingers, ignore what I said about bars.

You know what they say about girls with small fingers?

They wear small gloves.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also keep in mind that thinner "walled" hand grips will reduce the reach just a bit...

And welcome to the forum hc1.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
USMCJAX Thanks for your reply but that's really not an issue, however, I do plan on putting a reduced reach seat on but it doesn't do much good for the distance from the grips to the levers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CRAIGER Thanks, but it's the distance between the grips and the levers. I've been looking at adjustable levers but can't seem to find them for a '93. All I find are '96 and up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANKS TO CHIEF ILLINIWEK, LVNIGHTSTER, SQUEEKIE, FMB42, and 4EVRHD. The reach from the grips to the levers is the problem, but I appreciate the input!!!

·
239 Posts
Might look at the 2013 Harley Motor Parts and Acc. Catalog page 582. - easy squeeze reduced reach, they may be the ones JP wrote about

·
Registered
870 Posts
This place is great, I just found a solution to a problem I didn't realize I had.:laugh

1 - 20 of 65 Posts