Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Roadsofa....... The Road Glide is different in many ways from the Electra Glide. I'm totally diggin the power and feel of the bike. I took delivery with a stage one kit and some Screamin eagle slip-ons and a standard reflash on the ECM. This is my first F/I bike and I've got to tell you...I like it. The Throttle by wire is a little strange, but very responsive. The Brembo Brakes, 6 speed, 6 gallon tank and stereo are INCREDIBLE

Some Cons

Seat is not as comfortable and I need to see about getting a touring style seat, The boss doesn't like it either (Major reason for change)

The seat puts me at a height where the windshield is right in my line of Vision. If I sit up straight, like mom always told me to do, I can see over it. If I slouch I'm looking through it.

I'd like to hear from you Road Gliders for recommendations

I may have to sneak out and go for a little spin now....

Ride safe and I look forward to hearing from ya'll

Attachments

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Congratulations.
You just stumbled onto HD's best kept secret.;)
I have an 03 with the 95" kit in it. I love it. It's got a little shy of 40,000 Mexican miles (think dog years) on it and I would have a hard time replacing her.:ride
The Brembos (ABS) and bigger tank have gotten my attention though.
I found the stock seat along with the drivers backrest to be one of the more comfortable stock seats around. As far as the boss goes, we installed a King tour pack along with the appropriate backrest. She doesn't want to get off the bike when we stop. Calls it "the throne". Everyones backside differs though.
For the windscreen, I first installed the HD short clear replacement shield. That put the top of the screen below my line of sight.
Later on, I traded that one out for the short black wind deflector that came on the SE models. I have found this to be much sportier. Again, YMMV. we both wear full face helmets.

Ride Safe,
Vettster

PS: Not too many of us RG owners out there. I guess I'll have to show you the secret handshake now. ;-)

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Thank you Lil! I'm not sure if there are any road gliders on this board,,,but I'm hoping.

:D
I think percentage wise we have a good representation of the model here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love the ride of my RG. I am on my second one. I also am happy with the stock RG seat but understand it may not please everyone. Enjoy the new bike I like the color you chose.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
The RG is a sweet bike. Beautiful color RoadSofa. Yes, look for a better seat.

Windscreen... many opinions on this. I can't help much... I don't mind looking over them and I don't mind looking through them. Maybe with the screen in the middle for you this is OK... can tuck behind if you want, or peer over with mom-approved posture if you want.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses.

Vettster...40000 Mexican Miles? OMG I hear the roads are a little rough down there. I went and bought a Sundowner "reach" seat which fits the bill for my passengers comfort. It also solves my windshield problem as it sits me up a little higher.

RoadGlider...Thanks! I'm really enjoying the bike so far. I've never owned any Harley that wasn't black. The Candy Red Sunglow color called to me. A friend just bought an Ultra Classic in the same color It's purty

Sfarson...You're right many options on the windshield, not only from Harley but other vender's as well. Clearview is a very popular alternative that I've read about on other boards

Ya'll have a great day. I plan to leather up and hit the road today for a little while. The lawn needs mowing...it can wait

1 - 9 of 9 Posts