Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought I'd be able to see the day that I could say I OWN A HARLEY! Haven't been on a motorcycle in 20 years. Big difference between a 2015 HD ultra classic and a 80 model Yamaha 250. So far I can't stay off of it! Damn work interferes with riding, hate it :). Only 7 more years till retirement from the fire service, can't wait. This seems to be the best forum I've checked into, good people with honest ideas.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
We all know the feeling. Not much better in life.
Next big "YAHOO" is when it`s paid off and the Title is in your hands. Have had that pleasure 3 times in my life.

Congrats. Welcome to the HDF.
And thank you for your service as a First Responder.

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky. I didn't have a bike for over 30 years then got my HD. Should have done it years ago. And I know what you mean about not being able to stay off of it. When I picked up my Harley it took me 150 miles to get her home!

Enjoy, and be safe.

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
And BTW, from where you live you might plan on joining us for our annual meetup in Eureka Springs next June. Look for the 2016 Collision thread for details.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the family!

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
We all know the feeling. Not much better in life.
Next big "YAHOO" is when it`s paid off and the Title is in your hands. Have had that pleasure 3 times in my life.

Congrats. Welcome to the HDF.
And thank you for your service as a First Responder.
I've been lucky enough to have the 5th title. I keep telling my wife, "honest honey, this is the last one". But I'm also lucky enough if I wanted a #6 she would encourage me to get it.

I get a thrill when I see it in the garage. And a bigger thrill when I get to ride it, which is never enough. And this summer's weather has been a detriment to riding in my neighborhood.
:biking:

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
I've been lucky enough to have the 5th title. I keep telling my wife, "honest honey, this is the last one". But I'm also lucky enough if I wanted a #6 she would encourage me to get it.

I get a thrill when I see it in the garage. And a bigger thrill when I get to ride it, which is never enough. And this summer's weather has been a detriment to riding in my neighborhood.
:biking:
You made me laugh, Joe. Yeah, this is the last one! :)

When I told my wife I was getting a new RG she said, "This will be your 3rd Harley in 4 years and they keep getting bigger, when are you going to stop?" And I replied, "Well, this is the biggest MF they make so I'll stop with this one."

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Always go for the best one of anything for you; otherwise you won't be satisfied and the frustration will overcome the joy, forcing one to replace with a better level. (always costs more, but I had to go step by affordable step)

I am proud to say I ate baloney sandwiches for a week (due to mis budgeting back when I was paying for the sportster) NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT though and eventually had it for several payment free years.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
American
28,686 Posts
Welcome from Indiana.

·
luv the low country
20,312 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome from Berks County, PA. After seeing some of the responses on here, I need to tell you guys a secret. There are a lot of times I just open the side door to my garage and take a quick peek at my bike. It is like it is calling to me, "Come ride me". Most of the time I do. When I get up and it is really raining and cannot ride, I go into the first stages od depression. Just talking about my bike makes me want to go ride it. See you later.

Pastor Jeff :bikerguy:

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts