Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in China on business and visited the Harley Davidson in Guanzhou. It opened in 2014. The owner said he has many visitors from the U.S. I was able to get a couple tee shirts and some advertising poster. Pricing was about double for bikes and accessories.

Attachments

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
That's pretty neat to see. Had similar experiences in Korea and Kuwait. And yeah, seemed like everything was stupid expensive compared to the states.

-Rohan

·
Super Moderator
12,736 Posts
My Germany HD t-shirt cost $60 US. Crazy.

You might be the most popular guy in the T-Shirt swap :rofl:

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
I wonder if their customers complain about where all the tshirts, trinkets and doo dads are made.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Germany HD t-shirt cost $60 US. Crazy.:
These shirts were about $90.00 each. The friends I had with me were able to negotiate a 15% discount. I couldn't pass it up as they had the American sizes I needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
US products (like H-D bikes) in Korea, China and other places get huge tariffs added to them by those countries. Thus, the near double prices.

When we try to add tariffs to their products, they scream about trade protectionism.

Go figure.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
How can they ride HD? Do their legs reach the ground at stoplights?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How can they ride HD? Do their legs reach the ground at stoplights?
There are a lot of short older people in China but the younger generations are all taller. I think their diet has improved over the years. I see many people in the 5'-6" to 5'-8" range. I don't see them riding the big 800lb bikes though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts