21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
That's a pretty one.

·
old scoot coot
2,770 Posts
wow glide, that's a beautiful bike! that color combo it really sweet, i love all the red and orange colors and silver has always been at the top of my list. ya got the best of both worlds. you did good amigo really good! i love those saddlebag bars too. i didn't put em on mine because they weren't on it but i think i may now. i've been working on cosmetics this winter and i sure think those are good lookin. you hit a home ren there glide, right out of the park! anybody would be proud to be seen cruisen on that baby! 😁 congrats. you might fill in your profile info, you are in up to your neck now!

·
old scoot coot
2,770 Posts
glide may be out for a while. i remember when i got my road king i spent a lot of time dry riding it, waxing it, and sitting there just looking at it loveingly. come on you guys did it too! 🤠

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes I will try dennis Kirk and I do have HD dealers close to me and I will pick everyone brains🙂 with ??.I'll do a pic of it.thanks

So could anyone with a HD key unlock the bars and start the bike🤔or its just the gas cap cover that any key will work.
So you got a key that has special cuts on it?Yes I will love to have that you took off.can you PM me then.I took the battery out to get it tested I think it's bad and the dealer must had it on a charge before I test ride it and when they put it on my trailer🤨
Any round key can unlock the gas cap. Only the gas cap!
The steering lock and/or ignition lock is specific to your VIN and only available through a dealership. Where one must provide a valid picture ID and the vin.
The lock on the gas cap is just to make that other guys gas easier to siphon 😉
I removed the factory button, the one without a lock. (This non locking button assembly is what I am offering) I installed the locking one on my bike. Nothing is special about my key. I just use the corner of the key to press that tiny button, that's in the center of the lock.
  1. Those locking gas caps still have a button...they don't open by just turning the key..
    this last picture is the Original non locking button..if you still want it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well Houston we have a problem:(:(i didn't hear this when i went to start it and test rode it maybe just excited. This saturday when i started it to take off trailer it had a metal clank and it seemed like the battery was bad not a full starter spin so i took battery and charged it and had it tested battery is GOOD. So i put battery back in and started it the clank/knock is at the compensator area but while running it sounds fine i recorded it but it's hard to hear the sound for you wonderful fellas but i will still upload it. Looking on youtube this is the problem but i will need to take apart for sure.

I will welcome the feed back with open arms:cry:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Any round key can unlock the gas cap. Only the gas cap!
The steering lock and/or ignition lock is specific to your VIN and only available through a dealership. Where one must provide a valid picture ID and the vin.
The lock on the gas cap is just to make that other guys gas easier to siphon 😉
I removed the factory button, the one without a lock. (This non locking button assembly is what I am offering) I installed the locking one on my bike. Nothing is special about my key. I just use the corner of the key to press that tiny button, that's in the center of the lock.
  1. Those locking gas caps still have a button...they don't open by just turning the key.. View attachment 781047 View attachment 781048 View attachment 781049 this last picture is the Original non locking button..if you still want it.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,509 Posts
Well Houston we have a problem:(:(i didn't hear this when i went to start it and test rode it maybe just excited. This saturday when i started it to take off trailer it had a metal clank and it seemed like the battery was bad not a full starter spin so i took battery and charged it and had it tested battery is GOOD. So i put battery back in and started it the clank/knock is at the compensator area but while running it sounds fine i recorded it but it's hard to hear the sound for you wonderful fellas but i will still upload it. Looking on youtube this is the problem but i will need to take apart for sure.

I will welcome the feed back with open arms:cry:
Sorry for your luck, amigo. I hope it is something simple. Post your problem in the appropriate section, so the smart fellers can help you out. That sucks!

·
Barney Fife - Poser
816 Posts
What's up with Pakistani Steve here? ^^^^

The guy's got 5 posts and every one of them is a copy (or part) of someone else's post in the same thread, with one word added to it?

I'm really starting to feel like visiting these forum sites may be dangerous.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome from IL...I did same thing. Got an ultra and stripped her down.
IMG_1616.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 37 of 37 Posts