Harley Davidson Forums banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
And since the op is afraid to post his. Here is my shovel I have had for years it was my dads before he passed away. I love this bike. Still runs like a dream . Behind it is a 05 883 I built the frame and what not. Bought it wrecked and just built a little bobber out of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check this one out tho. It was a project me and my son built. It’s a 2002 HONDA shadow. 😂. Turned out pretty cool tho. We have less than $1200 in it. But my son is in trade school for welding and I’m a fabricator by trade so it was a fun little project.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Scum .
Are you using. “ TAPATALK APP ?
If so that’s why you can only load 1 picture at a time.
Unless you up grade. But it is cheap to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Scum .
Are you using. “ TAPATALK APP ?
If so that’s why you can only load 1 picture at a time.
Unless you up grade. But it is cheap to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I will look into it. I just get on through my phone browser. I may just be doing it wrong. When it took my to my pics I clicked a few and it just loaded the last one I clicked. Maybe I need to go into photos for each one.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
And since the op is afraid to post his. Here is my shovel I have had for years it was my dads before he passed away. I love this bike. Still runs like a dream . Behind it is a 05 883 I built the frame and what not. Bought it wrecked and just built a little bobber out of it. View attachment 792733
Dont ever sell your Dads Bike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dont ever sell your Dads Bike
No. Never. I ride it a decent amount. I ride to his grave site every year on his birthday. He bought it new. And died on my 15th birthday. I turned 43 this year so it’s as old as I am. . My son is 18 and he loves bikes. It will go to him one day. I have wanted to make some changes to it more times than I can count. I’m not a big fan of the colors. But I just can’t. It’s the way he built it. He loved that thing more than anything. Plus other than my last name it’s the only thing the old bastard ever gave me 😁. But I’m ok with that. Atleast it wasn’t a jap bike 😂

·
Registered
33 Posts
In tenn you can get your bike endorsement at 15. It has to be 600cc or smaller. Bit noway in hell was I putting him on a sport bike so we cheated just a tad. If they can’t understand a 883 is a lot safer than a 600 crotch rocket then oh well.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
In tenn you can get your bike endorsement at 15. It has to be 600cc or smaller. Bit noway in hell was I putting him on a sport bike so we cheated just a tad. If they can’t understand a 883 is a lot safer than a 600 crotch rocket then oh well.
View attachment 792760

At 15 you can get a 600cc bike bloody hell at 16 youngsters here in UK can only get a 50cc moped and its ben limited to 30mph although these youngsters do get the exhaust restriction cut out that allows about another 10 miles per hour.
Congratulations to your son on getting a Harley at 15 (y) bet he doesn't have a shortage of girls hanging round him

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I blame the language. He said American, and thanks to Biden that means anyone able to make it across the border. Perhaps he really does own a Shovel, and intends to dig his way home....
He did say he was "American" just left out the "South" part! We are thinking "Country" he's talkin' "Continent".

·
American
27,826 Posts
He did say he was "American" just left out the "South" part! We are thinking "Country" he's talkin' "Continent".
Guess it’s possible. I’m thinking completely different scenario though.

Reactions: Manduhlyn

·
Registered
40,724 Posts
At 15 you can get a 600cc bike bloody hell at 16 youngsters here in UK can only get a 50cc moped and its ben limited to 30mph although these youngsters do get the exhaust restriction cut out that allows about another 10 miles per hour.
Congratulations to your son on getting a Harley at 15 (y) bet he doesn't have a shortage of girls hanging round him
We're not limited to 600cc at 16. I've been riding street legal motorcycles ever since I was first able to and have never been without a motorcycle of some sort since then. Been without cars for a 10 year stretch, but never a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
When i went in to take the test for my M/C permit @ 14, after i completed the test and gave it to the Highway Patrol Officer at the desk. He took a quick glance at it and said "Aren't you Harold T's boy?" I responded with a yes sir... He tore up my test and tossed it in the trash can. :eek: I was thinking "What did Dad do to piss this guy off?" As he was shuffling paperwork into a large envelope. The Officer handed me the envelope and told me to take it to my Dad and have him sign it. When i ask him how i was supposed to get there, he responded with "Well, you rode your motorcycle here didn't you?" It baffled me that a cop is telling me to ride without a license to get signatures... I rode over to the Asphalt Plant and caught dad, just as he pulled up.

Then I returned to the Highway Patrol station: The Officer told me to stand on that line then, took my picture. (I no kidding thought i was being booked!) His demeanor was well, less than cordial.
Next thing i know, he says "Here ya go" handing me my license..

I read the "CLASS: A,M,R." Being a tad confused, I asked, he said: "Its a Class A, with a M/C endorsement, with Restrictions." So what are the restrictions, he told me i can not drive a Bus with more than 21 people on it. Because i was not yet 21 years old! :rolleyes:

He then explained to me why Wyoming does this:
My parents own and operate a business which involves cars, trucks and heavy equipment. The State knows that i would be operating that equipment anyway, so they just as well make it legal to do so.

I did not take any test (that was "looked at", anyways). No skills test, nothin'. Just my pop's signature.
The Officer did explain that "If" i wreck, It will be the business and insurance that has to pay and that he was quite sure that dad would take it out of my hide... Well, No KIDDIN'...

My M/C was a Ossa 250 Pioneer, that it took little time for me to loose interest in, now being licensed for nearly anything on the road. Besides M/C's don't have a very good heater! Wyoming winters are STUPID Cold!

My very first "Open Highway" drive was in a Kenworth.. Pulling a 26" tandem rock crusher. From Bear Oil to Rawlins Wyoming. (About 130 miles). It wasn't until we reached the plant in Rawlins, when i told dad, "Well, you could have showed me the gear pattern before leaving me in Bear Oil". Yep' well before i ever drove a car. It wasn't until i was 17. when i had my first fender-bender. On black ice, in town, driving a 4wd Bronco.

Nothin like learning by doing!

The coolest part was going to school in Utah, Jr High, being the only student with a D/L. But little did i know how much i should have cherished that Commercial License.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts