Harley Davidson Forums banner

I won a Poker Run

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Burgundy9 
#1 ·
Well I finally had the best hand at a poker run, Jack high Straight Flush. :woo

My friend stayed till the end and picked up my winnings for me, a Blue Ribbon and a plastic medallion:goob

He was pissed that he got us to ride up to Virginia to particapate in the even and one of his group won and that is all the prize was.

I'm pissed cause I'll probably only win 1 Poker Run in my life and that was the 1.:banghead

#3 ·
Always love those. Never cared much about the prize though. A great ride with friends doesn't is really hard to beat. And did you really wanna carry home a 55 inch television on the bike? :rofl:

#4 ·
True, and I would have given most of it back too. Maybe taken some for gas and food.

they didn't even feed us ?? I've never ridden in one that didn't serve lunch.

#6 ·
#9 ·
Dang...a great friend of mine won one last year and we just cashed in the prize: Round trip transportation for 2 bikes anywhere in the continental US. But...he didn't get a ribbon OR a medallion.

#10 ·
So they gave you gas money? ;)

#12 ·
On my last poker run, my life was the prize. Just before the last stop for the last card, I was holding three sixes and a jack when a 80ft tree fell across the road on a bluebird day, no wind. I had just let off the gas a little cause my buddy (a noob) was falling behind when the tree fell. I locked up all my breaks, dragged my feet, deployed the emergency chute and squeezed my eyes shut as hard as I could. I stopped 5 feet from the fallen tree. My buddy said 3 more seconds and it would have crushed me. 2 seconds and I would have nailed the tree hard.
>
I drew my last card, a jack, but still didn't win anything cause there were higher hands. People were all saying I should have won something and I said " all my luck ran out in front of that tree, I'm just happy to be here."
From that day forward I learned, never keep the number of the beast in your pocket while riding... I ever draw 2 sixes I'll quit right there.

#13 ·
I LOVE poker runs. Have been involved in probably twenty-five for bikes, corvettes, and offshore boats. Have produced four myself. One of the most fun events ever.

#15 ·
I won one with a King high straight once. There was no money, but a prize pack instead. There was an HD t-shirt from the local, a jug of gojo, pack of micro fiber towels, and a pint glass from the brewery at the last stop. Plus, the band gave me a shout out from the stage.

The prizes were great because it was all stuff I could use. It benefitted Relay for Life, so they got all of the businesses to donate the gifts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.