Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I bought an 08 nightster for the Mrs. last weekend. I installed a set of Rinehart slip-ons and all was well. Today i installed the screaming eagle stage 1 air cleaner kit and a vance and hines fuelpak. Bike feels stronger, but i get a P0112 code (IAT sensor low), and it backfires quite loudly. The reason i had installed the fuelpak was two-fold. 1 to get more hp in conjunction with the stage 1 kit, and 2. to get rid of the decel popping i had. I'm not even sure where the IAT sensor is, so i may have dislocated or accidentally unplugged it. If i clear the code, it comes back immediately, and the engine light stays on. Any thoughts are very much appreciated. Steve

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Inlet Air Temp. Somewhere in the aircleaner area, me thinks.

BTW- 50 people will tell you to get the manual........I of course, am not that way, I am willing to guess along with you.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Yes it is. It's clipped onto the air cleaner housing and you may have forgotton to reconnect it. Just an idea. Let us know the results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I have a service manual on order, but it hasn't come in yet. There are 3 sensors behind the air cleaner, but they are all plugged in well, and i never unplugged them. i checked the connections from the fuelpak to the ecm as well, and they all look good. Any other thoughts?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Seeing how you determined the code. IAT sensor low and installed an air cleaner it must be something to do with that. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in. It's the one near the front of the bike.Make sure you remove the maxifuse when doing any work on the bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tried reseating all of the connections behind the air cleaner and at the ecm. no luck. i was hoping someone with a sportster might have had a similar issue.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
. i was hoping someone with a sportster might have had a similar issue.
You might try www.sportster.org them guys know everything about every Sportster ever made. Great guys, just start out humble or they will hand you your hat. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts