Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm tooling around on my Ultra and notice my display has changed to "R" meaning "distance remaining". WTF? Push this, push that, where's the goddam toggle? Must have eff'd around with it for 20 minutes. Nothing.

Two days later, get off the bike, look at the left-hand grip and there's a button. Wonder what that's for? Toggle for ODO/Trip and stuff.

Idiot!

No, I didn't refer to the manual. It's on my nightstand and I was in the garage.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Ain't it funny? We buy a $500 table saw and we'll read the manual cover to cover. We buy $30,000 bike pr car loaded with electronics and half the time we don't even know where the manual is.

--

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ain't it funny? We buy a $500 table saw and we'll read the manual cover to cover. We buy $30,000 bike pr car loaded with electronics and half the time we don't even know where the manual is.

--
Precisely.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Manual? Instructions? What are these words you speak of..... we're men, we don't need no stinking instructions...

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
At least you did not bring it back to the dealer and tell him it was broke.

·
Rookie for life
929 Posts
Chistopher Columbus needed no directions. Neither do I.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Chistopher Columbus needed no directions. Neither do I.
Hahahaha. He didn't know what "the button" was for either. He thought he was in India!

--

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts

--

I don't read the table saw manual until after I've lost a chunk of meat. Flip pages with one hand and hold the tourniquet tight with the other.

·
Registered
184 Posts
LMAO!!! When I picked up my SG I rode for several miles on my way home with the emergency flashers going becouse I kept trying to turn them off the same way as I did on my sporty...

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
It is without a doubt the most hidden switch on anything I ever driven or flown. for bout the first 1.5 of the 2.5 months I've had my SGS I had to really think about where the damn switch was.

·
Sarcastic Member
35 Posts
Manual? Instructions? What are these words you speak of.....
It's that thing that came with the bike, you put it under the kickstand to get the bike to stand up strait for pictures.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Yeah I just figured out what the toggle switch under the windshield was for the lights beside the headlights Duuh.

·
CRSO
344 Posts
I hate that odometer switch.

When I bought my 14 FLHTK it took forever to learn that the cruise control is now on the left side... And my odometer kept resetting on its own, until I realized I've been fat fingering it with my left index finger.

Maybe now that I've gotten used to the 5-way joysticks on the Ultra Limited I can finally attempt to play Xbox.

If I read the manual, I can probably figure out how to switch from missiles to guns :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's like my kids pushing me to use a gps...I tell them I'm a guy, I get lost...OK. Sometimes I have stumbled on neet stuff getting lost...sometimes, I'm just lost...
Ride safe.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only thing I can play on XBox is Tiger Woods Pro Tour. It only involves three buttons. Other than that, it collects dust.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hate that odometer switch.

When I bought my 14 FLHTK it took forever to learn that the cruise control is now on the left side... And my odometer kept resetting on its own, until I realized I've been fat fingering it with my left index finger.

Maybe now that I've gotten used to the 5-way joysticks on the Ultra Limited I can finally attempt to play Xbox.

If I read the manual, I can probably figure out how to switch from missiles to guns :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
^^^This!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts