Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Street issues

Just purchased a 2015 xg500. I'm assuming gas has been sitting in it quite awhile. Only 4k miles, bogs down in idle, lurches and bogs under 10-15 mph. Wanting to drain gas and possibly remove filter and pump in case the bad gas has messed them up. Cant find any videos or manuals on how to do so. Any help?

Just bought a 2015 street 500, roughly 4200 miles. When idling, it bogs down and surges constantly and died one time, first gear bogs unless I really get into the throttle. Once past first gear, runs like a top. Can't figure out the issue. Drained and replaced the old gas that had been sitting by the previous owner which seemed to help a little.

Just bought a 2015 street 500, roughly 4200 miles. When idling, it bogs down and surges constantly and died one time, first gear bogs unless I really get into the throttle. Once past first gear, runs like a top. Can't figure out the issue. Drained and replaced the old gas that had been sitting by the previous owner which seemed to help a little.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same issue with 2017 Street 500, replaced the gas no help, checked air filter for mice no mice, took to dealer it was speed sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same year and model. Mine has always started like clockwork. Last time I rode was a week ago. Everything was fine. Today, stalled on startup, wouldn't idle. Finally i reved the throttle to keep it going. it finally idled, but this concerns me. That was yesterday. Took a while for it to start today. It backfired a couple times. Started, surged then bogged down, did that several times. I let it idle for a while and it seemed to idle ok. Going to ride it again today. See if gas needs changing. I bought it a year ago and it has not been ridden much for well over 6-8 months. I was shocked as all the times in the past, it rode fine, started fine, and idled fine.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts