Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a problem, and I hope that perhaps someone may have some insight as to what I need to do here. I recently swapped my evo motor for a 88ci motor from a 05 fatboy. The engine was originally fuel injected but I am converting it to carburetion. The bike is all together and now I am needing to set up the electrical. I talked to dynatek and explained my setup to them and they figured out which ignition and coils I need. Now I am trying to have a harness made for just the ignition, but everyone I talk to seems to thing my new motor should be using a 12 pin connector. It doesn't. It has a 6 pin connector. What am I missing here?

Thanks, and I really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ignition issues on a evo to twincam conversion.

Accidentally deleted this all the last time I posted. Lol.

Ok so in recently swapped my evo motor for a 88ci twincam motor from an 05 fatboy. The new motor was originally fuel injected but I am switching it to a carbureted setup. I spoke with the folks at dynatek and explained what I had and they pieced together what I need for an ignition and coils. Now I am trying to get a harness made to run just the ignition components. The problem is everyone I talk to seems to think that my new twincam should be using a 12 pin connector for the ignition. It doesn't. It has a 6 pin connector. What am I missing here?

Thanks, and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Retired citizen
22,122 Posts
Well first of all you're changing the ignition from dual fire to single fire which means more wires to make it work. The 6 pin connector won't accommodate the amount of wires needed for the single fire ignition system.
I suggest buying yourself a '99 - '00 Fatboy electrical service manual. You can follow the wiring schematics and trouble shooting flow charts to get your wiring harness assembled. OR just buy a '99 Softail wiring harness and splice it in. The manual is your friend !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts