Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search it but it didnt give me what I need. I need to know how to get the ignition off so I can change my bars when they come in

·
Retired citizen
23,188 Posts
Here's a hint: Before you remove the switch unplug the maxi-fuse, after you get the switch out do not stick a screwdriver or anything into the switch housing, you want to leave everything inside the switch housing aligned. You won't have to turn the switch off because the maxi-fuse is out and the ignition is dead. When you re-install the switch put it back in exactly in the position you removed it from.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's freaking AWSOME. Don't you just love UTUBE, thanks, you just saved me about 100 bucks I was going to pay the guy to change my bars

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
For future reference, a 5/32" Allen wrench fits down in that little slot on the ignition and works perfectly to switch the bike with the lock removed. If you have one, its easier than making a switch tool and better than a screwdriver.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
870 Posts
The next thing you'll need is a ball end allen wrench (3/16ths ?) in order to remove the radio in order to access the forward handle bar mount bolts.

I've never done it, but they tell me there are access holes in the radio mount to slide the allen wrench through, but the holes don't line up with the bolt heads so a ball end allen is needed to gain access.

·
Registered
870 Posts
deleated, double post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts