Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading some old threads via the search menu concerning unions and saw where a certain person on here claims he was at home and the postal carrier left him a notice that they attempted to deliver his 1000 rounds of. 45 ammo while he was at home but actually didn't knock on his door. Then he went to the post office to pick it up. Well let me tell you buddy, it's ILLEGAL to ship ammunition through the mail. If the U.S. Postal Inspectors find out they will initiate an investigation and prosecute the participating parties.
Sounds like a BS story to me. Any ammunition company would know that.
Rofl:Rofl:Rofl:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
36,962 Posts
I was just reading some old threads via the search menu concerning unions and saw where a certain person on here claims he was at home and the postal carrier left him a notice that they attempted to deliver his 1000 rounds of. 45 ammo while he was at home but actually didn't knock on his door. Then he went to the post office to pick it up. Well let me tell you buddy, it's ILLEGAL to ship ammunition through the mail. If the U.S. Postal Inspectors find out they will initiate an investigation and prosecute the participating parties.
Sounds like a BS story to me. Any ammunition company would know that.
Rofl:Rofl:Rofl:

Care to point out where that post is, instead of making vague insinuations?

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About to go to bed. I downloaded it in case I need it in the future. That is a felony. If the Postal Inspectors are informed of this I guarantee they will knock on someone's door to start an investigation.
Ride safe and righteous

·
Registered
36,962 Posts
About to go to bed. I downloaded it in case I need it in the future. That is a felony. If the Postal Inspectors are informed of this I guarantee they will knock on someone's door to start an investigation.
Ride safe and righteous

How about giving the name..... surely you remember the name?

Especially since you went to the trouble of "downloading it".

·
Registered
36,962 Posts
Received via PM:
USMCJAX said:
Not going to name names. Read it and downloaded it. Like I said if the box were to bust open and the postal workers saw what was in it the POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE would investigate. Can't mail exolosives through the mail as well as many other HAZMAT materials. Any wholesale company who did it would lose their FFL license if caught. They know that. It is clear in their regulations but cheaper than UPS, FEDEX etc. I'm going to save the entire thread just in case. If I look and it has been deleted then ill know I'm on to something. Was put into my PDF file.
Karma is a wonderful thing.
Later

Well, since I believe you are referring to me and my posts, let me list them for all to see.

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/off-topic/4376-bank-helped-me-get-back-my-feet.html#post42671

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/off-topic/24663-well-if-aint-pisser.html#post350627

Can anyone point out where it says "ammunition", cause I only see where it says "bullets"....
I would hope that a Marine would know the difference.

And for the record, it was 2000 bullets, not 1000.

2000 x 230grain = 460,000 grains = 65.7 lbs. Most you can get in flat rate shipping box.

USMCJAX said:
Karma is a wonderful thing.
On that part, you are right.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Sounds like an apology is in order to me....and why would a member want to start a thread like this? Totally out of line. If you have a problem with another member, it should be addressed through PM's. Now you look like a jackass.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
I think he had a pissy night.. A bunch Of his threads seemed on edge

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would bet that it IS illegal to ship ammo through the postal system. I have some powder and primers on order, and I have to pay a $25 dangerous material surcharge to FedEx. I would think that the post office doesn't have that capability.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I would bet that it IS illegal to ship ammo through the postal system. I have some powder and primers on order, and I have to pay a $25 dangerous material surcharge to FedEx. I would think that the post office doesn't have that capability.
Most of the time when I order ammo online, it comes UPS or Fed-Ex. I've never attmepted USPS, b/c I was told USPS wouldn't ship ammo b/c of the "explosive" and "haz-mat" fees and dangers.

That's just what I was told.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Can anyone point out where it says "ammunition", cause I only see where it says "bullets"....
I would hope that a Marine would know the difference.

Well I ain't no marine, but I don't see how lead slugs would be a hazmat and be illegal to ship via usps. Definatley a mis understanding in what he read. Maybe two many beers before hitting the computer....

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
It's all the union bashing.

Everyone is hereby admonished for it.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I think Jax just might have gotten a wee-bit deep in the bottle last night. I've done that and made an ass out of myself plenty of times on my diesel forum.....Guess that's why they hate me over there. Well, that and the fact that I'm a complete 180* from being PC like they want everyone to be...And I speak my mind. They really hate that.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Well I ain't no marine, but I don't see how lead slugs would be a hazmat and be illegal to ship via usps. Definatley a mis understanding in what he read. Maybe two many beers before hitting the computer....
It could be that it was lead. Lead, along with other heavy metals, is toxic and hazardous. I work safety and environmental in th Air Force.

·
Registered
36,962 Posts
No hazmat fee for cast bullets.

Flat Rate Priority Shipping
We offer USPS flat-rate shipping at the rate of $14.00 per 65 lbs., which works out to 2,000 bullets for all bullets weighing less than 240 grains. We also have 3,000-count bullet bundles for bullets weighing under 150 grains which ship for this same amount.
Missouri Bullet Company

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My post came about by getting info off of an old thread. I am closely related to a postal worker and have heard at what has been found while processing the mail. They work in a processing facility. When I saw "bullets " having been mailed my post was meant as a warning. Some people refer to ammunition or rounds as bullets. With the recent RICIN scare that was mailed to politicians the Postal Service is supposedly on a heightened alert. And knowing the weight of "bullets" and the amount mailed it wouldn't be suprising if the box busted open and revealed its content. Also coming on the tail end of the Boston incident I'm sure this would draw attention to the Postal Inspectors.
Everyone's amazing ability to read minds and know someone's intentions without first asking that person is amazing. I wish I had that ability I would take it to Vegas and parlay it into some real $ on the poker table. No harm was intended nor was I trying to offend anyone. BTW I quit drinking many years ago. Don't find the need to mood alter or self medicate. I feel fine being in my natural state. For those who do, that's your choice and I have yet to say a negative word to anyone about their choices. I see now why Dave 63 left. As good a man as he was regardless of his being a policeman if he didn't trust the people on this forum then that tells me a lot. Anyone who would not like or have ill feelings toward him tells me more about them than I knew.
When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than you do the person being judged.
And as far as the "spook" being on here like mom used to say " if you ain't doing anything wrong then don't worry".
I don't.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
No judgement here, I was just joking about the drinking. But I really have gotten drunk and posted and gotten banned from the diesel forum on numerous occasions. :laugh

I do miss Dave's posts. Always a smartass and never serious, and that's why we all liked Dave. :thumbsup

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its ok bama. Understandable. I was just throwing a warning out there. Supposedly the FAA has heightened its inspection of parcels being sent via air. They are using dogs to inspect cargo for explosives. I just wouldn't want the feds at my door asking for an explanation and then them possibly trying to save face when they hear one's side of the story. Look how the ricin case went. They put the one guys face all over the media just to find out it wasn't him.
Take care

·
Noel
7,370 Posts
My post came about by getting info off of an old thread................ I see now why Dave 63 left. As good a man as he was regardless of his being a policeman if he didn't trust the people on this forum then that tells me a lot. Anyone who would not like or have ill feelings toward him tells me more about them than I knew.
When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than you do the person being judged.
And as far as the "spook" being on here like mom used to say " if you ain't doing anything wrong then don't worry".
I don't.
Thanks for clearing the air on this issue, I'm sure no one here is trying to be malicious, hopefully my presence on the forum is not spooking anyone from freely sharing their opinions, even those who vehemently disagree with me.

Fear not retribution, reprisal or ratting out from me. Almost everyone here is anonymous from my perspective, a couple of you I have met in real life, betrayal of friends is not in my book.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
You can spin it anyway ya want, but the way you said it......it was'nt a warning....it was a threat....

Ride safe and righteous

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.