Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have to tell you. I traded the Queen for this beauty!

If I had all the money in the world there would have been no question about keeping two, but that being far from the case, it is what it is.

So now the garage has a Piaggio MP3, a Sportster and a space for the VRSCAW once she gets here.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did.
It is so much easier to maneuver this around when duck walking backwards. I have to do that in the garage at home and at work. The Queen is very hard for me to back up and at work that happens either parking or when leaving.
Since riding to work is sometimes the only chance I get to ride it all just made sense to return to my 1st motorcycle love.

I haven't delivered the Queen yet and it will be very :sad:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still staying here though!!!! Don't anyone get it into their head that I'm leaving. You can't get rid of me that easily.
I've grown to love our little community!

·
Steve
262 Posts
Lil,

Congratulations on your decision. As the owner of both a Vrod and RKC you can't go wrong with either bike in my mind. Enjoy the new ride!!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Both bikes are great but I think you know which one I like the best.:dance

Please take the following advice:

ENJOY!!!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Yes, I did.
It is so much easier to maneuver this around when duck walking backwards. I have to do that in the garage at home and at work. The Queen is very hard for me to back up and at work that happens either parking or when leaving.
Since riding to work is sometimes the only chance I get to ride it all just made sense to return to my 1st motorcycle love.

I haven't delivered the Queen yet and it will be very :sad:

Beautiful bike there Lil, and having something that can be maneuvered around can't be discounted. Very happy for you. Plus, you have that Sportster!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,180 Posts
Well, like I always say..

Some days you feel like HORSEPOWER!

Even as fondly as you spoke of The Queen, I'll bet this is going to be like going home.
We're all buzzing with the vicarious thrill this must be for you.
I'll bet it's not long before you report a YEEEE-HAAAW welling up and bursting out.

Ohhh...BIG ENGINE..ahh ohhh...

But..but..but.. spokes?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Ok, I have to tell you. I traded the Queen for this beauty!

If I had all the money in the world there would have been no question about keeping two, but that being far from the case, it is what it is.

So now the garage has a Piaggio MP3, a Sportster and a space for the VRSCAW once she gets here.
That's gonna look like crap covered in fringe.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
All that time wasted worrying about a fairing.;)

Enjoy.
Don't think of it like that DNM.
Think of it as now we can help her spend her money personalizing this one.:D

Congrats! Nice bike.:)

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gentlemen, you are all very kind. Thank you so much for your kindness and well wishes!

• Nathan, when the deal was made a feeling came over me that I describe to someone exactly as you expressed, coming home.
    "But..but..but.. spokes?" Absolutely! A little of the Queen on the V.
  • Ed, once she gets her I will take that advice instantly!
  • Alan, yes, ABS!
  • Steve, maneuverability pushed me over the edge. BTW, have you ever ridden the Piaggio MP3? They make you LOL!
  • Mike, Mike, Mike, fringe on a V-rod???? I had not truly thought about that. Hmmmnnnn!
  • Dave, the name dilemma begins. As the first V-rod had Diamond Lil tattooed on her bum, should the second carry on the name?
  • DNM, I decided against the fairing. :D

• Vettster, more help spending money
Again, thanks so much!

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
welcome home lil.. one of these days i am seeing that bike in person!

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
umm is that you in the reflection of the top of the saddle bag?? in a pink shirt?

and please tell me you kept your custom solo from the last one "in case"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations, Lil! Hmmmmm, I think a good shakedown cruise would be to MWTIII! Enjoy the new Harley! Joe

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Changing to a V-Rod doesn't make you a trader. Enjoy the new ride.

Of course, it'll now be a D-Rod......

or a Lil-Rod.
Actually she is trading BACK to a VROD.

AND she got those beautiful spoke wheels. I saw them at the factory, they are nice.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you believe I did not have the stock seat to swap so the solo went with the A?!!!!!!!! I am holding off because of the patterning to the new seat. Keep your fingers crossed on that one.

Mike, are you joshing me?? I love those wheels.

I wonder whatever happened to my pink shirt?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts