·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's funny that your title says you are sick of politics and then you post a very politically charged comment. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I'm sick of taking it up the yazoo by these asshats.....that's what i mean.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love the Act. It has created a lot of positive changes from my perspective. Starting with insurance companies have to spend 90 percent of premiums on healthcare and not executive bonuses and marketing. Then there is the fact that children can stay on their parents' policies until they're 26. Then there is the fact that people can no longer be denied insurance for a pre-existing condition. There are a lot of pre-existing conditions that have previously left people without insurance. So, that's my opinion. Not that you asked. :)

And, yes, I work full time and pay tons of taxes.

·
Street
90 Posts
Apparently you have not looked or researched the implications of the bill. Recent GAO reports have shown massive costs for the program and major prem increases. Also in the real world people are already losing coverage due to the law

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For me, the good outweighs the bad.

The good, you been drinkin that coolaid ain't ya....there ain't no damn good. You must live under a rock, companies are cuting hours, even the guburmint is cutting so it does'nt have to pay for this crap. I work for a living....i don't wanna pay for bums that don't.

·
Banned
612 Posts
Obama's the puppet for the real power-brokers who crafted this plan decades ago...step by step they have brought it to fruition with a few more years/steps left to finish it . People have been played carefully , but at the same time , have gone along with the changes as willing participants . Lazy , worthless and having no pride has become the ' personality ' of the current American , notice I did NOT say American CITIZEN .

This country has been taken down internally by outsiders , people who benefited from free programs and handouts while not lifting a finger to contribute or pay back . Pretty simple if you ask me...:think

·
Street
90 Posts
Easy to say when you have not been reduced to part time by your employer to avoid the law. Many employers are cancelling their contracts totally simce in many cases the penaltys are less than the insurance prem. need to educate a little more. The bad outweighs the good for many people.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Easy to say when you have not been reduced to part time by your employer to avoid the law. Many employers are cancelling their contracts totally simce in many cases the penaltys are less than the insurance prem. need to educate a little more. The bad outweighs the good for many people.

Exactly...People who have there hand out don't give a rats azz......

·
Registered
149 Posts
The good, you been drinkin that coolaid ain't ya....there ain't no damn good. You must live under a rock, companies are cuting hours, even the guburmint is cutting so it does'nt have to pay for this crap. I work for a living....i don't wanna pay for bums that don't.
To Me, there is plenty of good and it outweighs the bad. I work for a living also. Full time. And I pay plenty of taxes. I still think the good of the Act outweighs the bad.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Roc, I understand that it is opposite for some people. And, I empathize with those who are hurt by it. Change is hard for people and for companies. I believe that some day, like any big change, it will not be such a bad thing for some people. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but I do not think so.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Exactly...People who have there hand out don't give a rats azz......
There always have been and there always will be mooches in society, just like there will always be people who have more than is reasonable or logical. That is one thing I like about the Act. The premiums that I pay every month must go to healthcare, or the money must be refunded. It can no longer go to making the very rich executives even richer.

·
Street
90 Posts
Change is inevitable and welcome when done correctly to make peoples live better. This bill was ill conceived and has no chance at sucess. From personal experience it has hurt many who have already lost coverage. Its real aim is to create chaos and then justify full control of health care by the govt like Canada . Many insurance cos are electing not to participate in the exchanges due to inability to spread risk And keep prems affordable .

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Roc, I understand that it is opposite for some people. And, I empathize with those who are hurt by it. Change is hard for people and for companies. I believe that some day, like any big change, it will not be such a bad thing for some people. Maybe that is wishful thinking, but I do not think so.

Did you even bother to read the link i posted? this money was supposed to be to set up an exchange, so folks that don't have ins. provided at work can go git some......because it's now mandated by the gubermint. Why the hell is the money goin to the unions? or the NAACP? Just what the hell do they have to do with healthcare? Let me make it easy for you, NOTHING......thier just registering dem-a-rat voters.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,349 Posts
There always have been and there always will be mooches in society, just like there will always be people who have more than is reasonable or logical. That is one thing I like about the Act. The premiums that I pay every month must go to healthcare, or the money must be refunded. It can no longer go to making the very rich executives even richer.

The highlighted part of your statement bothers me. While I have no problem in theory about the rest of what you say, it remains to be seen if that is how it will actually work. Yes, there are some good things to be gained from the ACA, but the bad is already rearing its ugly head. Come October, the fit is going to be all over the shan.
And as for your statement about people who have more than is reasonable or logical????Am I to interpret this as a person who busts his ass and earns a bundle isn't supposed to have all of that money? You can bet the people who first postulated that social theory did so to invoke a sense of jealousy and class envy...and you can further bet that the ones pushing that notion have a lot more money than you can imagine. Can you, for example, spell Soros? As long as they control the money and keep us from ever attaining substantial wealth, they hold the power and we can't bump them out of the way. I guess the water in Metarie is as bad as the stuff that makes it downriver to New Orleans.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just like there will always be people who have more than is reasonable or logical.
That says it all right there, class envy....your just jealous. They worked their asses off to git it, and you want it taken away an given to you.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts