Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about it. Any pics of the H-D(s) you owned prior to the one you ride now?

Noting the not surprising preference for the H-D bike color of black, it had me digging for images of the Wide Glide. Egads, I miss this thing too. Your other H-D's?

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
First Harley-77 XL: (Paid $2500 and brought it home in my trunk.....:rolleyes:

1972 FL:

1988 1200 Sportster:

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
on the color thread I picked blue, and here are my last two bikes :D

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I've only had one Harley. I owned a couple of Hondas and a few minibikes but the bike I ride now is my first Harley.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My First Ride

Ok, so I'm older than dirt. My first ride, 1958 Harley Davidson Hummer, 3.5 hp, 125 cc, 2 stroke, 3 speed, magneto start, no battery, no speedo, no turn signals, no electric horn, wide solo seat with two springs, hardtail, bike.
Note that the rear finder is very short, those of you who read "My First Ride" in another thread know why it was cut short.

Purchased her for $350.00. In Sept of 1957, ordered through Stubbs Harley Davidson of Decatur, Ill., direct from WI. Delivered evening news papers with her, news paper bag slung over headlight.

Those were the days, my friends. PS: Camera's were not as good then as they are today either.

Drdick

Attachments

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
wow i love it Dr Dick!!

too bad you dont have it still.. or do you ?

i would love to have one like that..

i dont have one of my first harley.. that thing beat the shit out of me.. it was an 83 sportster

1 - 20 of 27 Posts