Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ride To Live
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow riders. I need some education. First off, I live in Austin, Texas. I've been well received by the biker community. On multiple occasions I've been offered the role as a hang around or to Prospect. After 15 straight years of service in the Army, I'm unable to commit to any organization at the present time.

I recently purchased an "Independent" rocker patch for my vest. I haven't sewn it on yet. Do you think that wearing it would mean disrespect to the MCs? I'm not trying to draw fire.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Man, here's where I'd be with that...Sounds like you gettin' along fine with just everyone right now. Why change anything?

By the way, 15 years of service! Thank you, heart and soul, BIG THANKS.

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts

·
Registered
39,456 Posts
What they said.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
This is the back of my leather vest, denim is similar.
Hard to see how anybody could expect you to ditch that vest for any other club patch.

Thanks to you, as well as the OP, Zelrick!

--

·
Banned
71 Posts
Fellow riders. I need some education. First off, I live in Austin, Texas. I've been well received by the biker community. On multiple occasions I've been offered the role as a hang around or to Prospect. After 15 straight years of service in the Army, I'm unable to commit to any organization at the present time.

I recently purchased an "Independent" rocker patch for my vest. I haven't sewn it on yet. Do you think that wearing it would mean disrespect to the MCs? I'm not trying to draw fire.

Be best to leave things as they are now. No need to give anyone a excuse . :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I would do something like Zelrick has done or leave it as it has been. No need to kick a sleeping dog. Thank you for your service guys

·
Asylum Inmate
11,734 Posts
"Independant" rocker patch

As a top rocker no problem.

In Austin it is Bandidos, they won't have a problem with no territory rocker.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,453 Posts
Service rockers won't cause you any problem. If you're getting along with what you already are wearing, I'd go with that. No sense in taking a chance of starting even unintended hard feelings.

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts

I will never submit myself to be a prospect for anyone so they can feel important in their terms at my expense!

If you are an indy rider, they need to respect what you wear and understand that you are out to enjoy youself, you made big sacrifices to be where you're right now.

If you are doing it in order to have some sort of territory or agenda then it's a different story.

I was offered joining a few groups before, no thanks!

Then I found Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association. Not a club at all. Just a band of brothers, Veterans helping Veterans! A little work getting the paperwork done, but it is worth it if you like doing charity. My group is heavily involved with the Wounded Warrior Program.

And did I say, no prospecting? Not a MC....

·
Asylum Inmate
11,734 Posts
Never had a problem without a territory rocker.

This is my vest.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1424523267.564995.jpg

·
because........boobs
57 Posts
I have service rockers on my vest, never any issues, and wouldnt expect it anyhow. Proud of my time and service. I also have American flag and Dont tread on me on the front with a small Iraq War Vet rocker on the front as well.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
I would say why chance it with putting that on there. Putting service patches on like others have stated shouldn't be a problem at all. Just don't put a location rocker on there!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts