Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this lift with success on a late model Heritage?

There are almost no complaints when compared to other jacks on line.

High Position Motorcycle Lift

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
543 Posts
Although it's not a late model Heritage, I use this lift all the time on my 97 FXSTC. It will come with a set of cheap tie downs. I suggest you replace them with a good set of ratcheting tie downs. The only trouble I've had with mine is the rubber came loose on the arms that lift the bike.

Also make sure you get hydraulic fluid since the jack doesn't have any in it, and it's not included.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Used mine for my '12 FLHX and my '15 FLHTCU. No problems 'cept the previous issue with the rubber pads. Also agree about the tie downs.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Normally one would engage the bike from the right side while on the kick stand (jiffy).

Is the apparatus in the way to work on the right side of the bike or can one approach from the left side.

In other words when does the lift and its frame get in the way and what do you do to "get around" it?

Thanks for all your input.
Joe

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow that's worth a look I have a harbor freight close I am going to look into this. Thanks for the post. I am looking for one. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
IMO if your going to spend $180 on that lift search around and you can find the HF lift table coupon for $299 and you can do more work on your bike with no problem the only draw back is space the table is almost 10ft with the ramp and i put my 14 Road King on mine with no problems

Attachments

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be nice, but I'd have to buy another house to accommodate

·
Registered
273 Posts
Plus you can't take off the wheels.
yes i can take the wheels off i went to my farm supply store bought 2 1500lb car scissor jack for $15 and welded a 1/4 top plate 4x12 and a 6x12 bottom plate on the jacks to lift the bike and the table has a plate that removes to drop the rear tire

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That says it all. Thanks LR for posting.

Joe

·
On the loose
8,699 Posts
J&P cycles sells a bar with a hook that fits the frame that goes under the right side to allow you to lean a bike to the right if you want to access the bike from the other side.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good of course.

Will check. J&P

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had the lift and now have the jack. IMO The jack give more flexible and of course doesn't take up as much room. I also use it on my tractor and use it to lift heavy items into my pickup.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought this one and it works fine but on mine, the release was so touchy when I was trying to let it down, it slammed down and damaged my tank. It is very touchy.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i use that jack all the time . mine is 04 fxstb i love it i can work either side of bike. have had it on primary side an still could remove the primary cover. . i do recomend replacing the jack bottle with a better quality one OR if you are good with hydraulics you can make the a better bottle. it leaks down over time like 20 hrs or so not all the way but down a bit.
bike is stable up there. i use jack stands under the arms with a 2x4 across to make it ridgid (u cant knock it down with those in place ) can prob get a vid together if needed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts