Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, I hope someone can help.

I've had my 14 Limited for about a month and am still getting used to the GPS. Today, after I made up a ride and loaded it onto the bike we went out for a boot. I missed one of my planned turns but as I know the area I just kept on riding for several kilometres. The GPS kept on trying to turn me around and get me back to the road that I missed. It didn't recalculate and keep me heading in the direction I planned. Very frustrating...does anyone know if I just need to adjust my settings or is it just one more of HD's issues with this new system. The bikes great, just a little frustrating with the electronics.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm going to just take a guess here, but is it possible that no quick re-route existed? Been riding with the 2014 nav now since last October. Re-calc usually kicks in pretty quick. I've used HD Ride planner, Google maps, and imported trips from other riders, no problems, with multiple way points. And ignoring one or more along the way, the nav system just recognized it and updated directions to the next destination. Same as a garmin really.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I may very likely be doing something wrong. I have a Garmin Zumo 660 that I had on my 08 Ultra and never had an issue with it if I had the same missed turn scenario. You've had yours for a lot longer than me, can you help me out with this one? This 9 stops issue, does it include the start/end and way points. If I drag the route onto the smaller roads and have lots of way points do they count in the 9? In July I did a 4 day route to the east coast with 119 way points but I was on my old bike with my Zumo, can I do the same thing with the new system?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow. 119 waypoints. That is way beyond what I've done. I can tell you that the 'up to 9' thing does not seem to include begin-end points. Somebody else had suggested breaking up multiple day rides into separate individual trips, each day as it's own destination. Give and take. I keep waiting for better firmware updates from the MoCo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 9 wave points includes the start and finish. On the ninth wave point the route is over regardless of how many wave points you have. For long rides you will have to break up the route in small routes with only 9 points. The bikes GPS will store 18 routes.

One of my lunch rides covered 4 states, 489 miles with 138 wave points to keep the GPS on track. I Trimmed the route down to 60 wave points. During the ride the GPS kept trying to re-route me to different roads. :(

Try downloading Tyre GPS route planner. Download Tyre - TyreToTravel

Its free and is better then HD ride planner and Basecamp.

BTW easy to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts