Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made an appointment for my 2014 Super Glide Custom this Friday at the only HD dealership on Oahu, Hawaii. With a 10% military discount on parts and a complimentary oil filter from a monthly special they are running, it's costing me just north of $400 + 4% state tax.

When I got my safety check earlier this month at another bike dealership (that's no longer a HD dealership but they used to be), they gave me an estimate of $250 plus the cost of fluids.

I almost went with them but I wasn't sure if doing so would void my warranty. I did peruse the "Important Warranty Information to know" sticky that discussed the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, so I'm assuming that having regular service done by a non HD dealership won't void my warranty.

I'm going to have this first service done at the HD dealership but going forward, I'm not sure I want to pay more than I need to.

FYI: I had my bike shipped from a dealer in MD so I didn't buy it from the local dealership: they didn't have what I wanted in stock and were unable to get me a price that could compete with the mainland dealerships. Wanted to throw them this business though because they support a lot of the rides for charity that I've been on.

Your advice and insight is welcomed.

Aloha

Attachments

·
Banned
71 Posts
Made an appointment for my 2014 Super Glide Custom this Friday at the only HD dealership on Oahu, Hawaii. With a 10% military discount on parts and a complimentary oil filter from a monthly special they are running, it's costing me just north of $400 + 4% state tax.

When I got my safety check earlier this month at another bike dealership (that's no longer a HD dealership but they used to be), they gave me an estimate of $250 plus the cost of fluids.

I almost went with them but I wasn't sure if doing so would void my warranty. I did peruse the "Important Warranty Information to know" sticky that discussed the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, so I'm assuming that having regular service done by a non HD dealership won't void my warranty.

I'm going to have this first service done at the HD dealership but going forward, I'm not sure I want to pay more than I need to.

FYI: I had my bike shipped from a dealer in MD so I didn't buy it from the local dealership: they didn't have what I wanted in stock and were unable to get me a price that could compete with the mainland dealerships. Wanted to throw them this business though because they support a lot of the rides for charity that I've been on.

Your advice and insight is welcomed.

Aloha
Acquire the MoCo Service Manual, Parts Book and the Electrical Manual . Buy a Jack , tools, and do your own services.

All the money you spend will be recouped in the first three services and still have money leftover for LOTS of BEER . :thumbsup :)

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Bike looks great!

·
Retired citizen
24,287 Posts
Bike gets serviced anyplace that's qualified, even yourself, maintain the records and receipts and no voided warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts