Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm shopping for new chrome inner and outer primary for my 02 electraglide. I currently have a chrome outer only although seriously pitted. Anyone have a hot tip on where I could get both for reasonable cost and good quality allowing me to save on shipping charges?

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
It might be cheaper to send yours out to have it re chromed something to look into.

·
245 Posts
The first thing I would do is a Kuryakyn inner primary cover. About $80-100. Goes over top of the painted factory one. A lot cheaper and easier to install than pulling the clutch, chain, compensator sprocket, and on top of the cost of a chrome inner add $60-70 for the o-ring, 2 seals, and outer primary gasket, and a qt. of oil.
As for the outer, was your original chrome or clear coated aluminum? If it's chromed, I would check Ebay, some sellers part out wrecks and sell used parts at a fraction of the MSRP.
(rsipartsinc) is one I have purchased from for example. If you are changing just the outer you'll need just the outer primary gasket ad a qt. of oil.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
I have the outer that came off my 2013 Limited you could PM and we could work something out.
But shipping could be expensive since it's pretty large.
Let me know.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Check your regional biker magazines for swap meets. They're a good place to start for parts.

·
245 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts