Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who on here has had there’s painted after market?
My 2014 Ultra didn’t come with it painted & I’m looking to doing it this summer

Before pic.

After pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Had mine painted, but then again, I also had the whole bike painted. There are several companies that will come change yours out with a painted one in a few hours and take your unpainted one with them. Might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had mine painted, but then again, I also had the whole bike painted. There are several companies that will come change yours out with a painted one in a few hours and take your unpainted one with them. Might be worth checking out.

Thanks bagger. I have already and I think I can beat that price they want .
Still checking

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Are you wanting it painted to match the bike or just black? If it’s the later, you may luck up and find one already painted black. If not any paint shop should be able to paint yours gloss black.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I was going to have my inner painted, then my buddy and I exchanged bikes for a tankful on a ride (his inner is beautifully painted). The reflection/glare off of the shiney paint bothered me enough that I'm not going to get mine painted. The reflections were not so bad when riding, mostly when I glanced down to look at the instruments. Does this bother any of you that have painted inners, or am I just too sensitive?

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
I was going to have my inner painted, then my buddy and I exchanged bikes for a tankful on a ride (his inner is beautifully painted). The reflection/glare off of the shiney paint bothered me enough that I'm not going to get mine painted. The reflections were not so bad when riding, mostly when I glanced down to look at the instruments. Does this bother any of you that have painted inners, or am I just too sensitive?

The paint doesn’t bother me as much as the glare off the chrome tank console and gas cap cover. That will blind you when the sun is just right!

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
I was going to paint my '14, but I traded for a '16 Limited and well.... it was already painted. :D

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I have a Black Denim SGS and in the MoCo infinite wisdom, they were putting the shiny black on all of the Specials that year when the flat black would have matched much better.

I really need to find someone that wants to trade but never have.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rode my buddy's with his faring painted gloss black like his Bike and it never bothered me at all.
AS a matter of fact I liked it more now because it looks SO CLEAN and bright.

Breeze; I think you might be over thinking it :).

Going to a body shop down the street from me when I get a min or 3 and see what they charge for it.
I'd do the labor of taking it apart and putting it back together.
All I want is them to paint it.

Guess we'll see soon enough :devil.

Thanks for all your input.............Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts