Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, to all. Ive taken my primary apart and removed the chain tensioner and the base plate for the tensioner. It has 2 large Phillips head screws. These screw holes go all the way through the case, someone had put silicone in the holes on the outside. From what I saw there was no o-ring or gasket. My question is should there be a gasket, oring, what do I use to keep it from leaking? I have a manual but I can't find anything that helps. Thanks for any help.
Gene

·
Banned
71 Posts
Greetings, to all. Ive taken my primary apart and removed the chain tensioner and the base plate for the tensioner. It has 2 large Phillips head screws. These screw holes go all the way through the case, someone had put silicone in the holes on the outside. From what I saw there was no o-ring or gasket. My question is should there be a gasket, oring, what do I use to keep it from leaking? I have a manual but I can't find anything that helps. Thanks for any help.
Gene
Clean both the holes and the screws with disk brake cleaner . Coat the threads with 242 LocTite . It'll seal threads as well as lock screws if you coat them well . :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts