Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
The inner is not the cover, the outer is the cover, inner is the inner, outer is the cover, the outer has two covers to get to the inner parts when the outer is screwed to the inner.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a bunch of gibberish. Lol. The inner is covering something on the outer therefore it's a cover.

·
Retired citizen
23,099 Posts
The inner primary cover seals to the engine at the stator and at the trans housing. The inner cover also has the trans main shaft support bearing and seal. SO, if ya want a chrome inner primary cover the entire engine drivetrain needs to be removed to install the new chrome inner primary along with the new associated seals and gaskets.
I happen to be doing one in my shop now, sans the chrome part !

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
The inner primary cover seals to the engine at the stator and at the trans housing. The inner cover also has the trans main shaft support bearing and seal. SO, if ya want a chrome inner primary cover the entire engine drivetrain needs to be removed to install the new chrome inner primary along with the new associated seals and gaskets.

I think I remember seeing a chromed out bagger that had a chrome piece that sat on top of the inner primary giving the illusion of a chrome inner.

Didn't look that close because I really don't care for chrome and the cover looked like a cover and not the primary.

Sent from here to there.

·
Retired citizen
23,099 Posts
Yes there is a chrome cover for that application. No need to remove the OEM outer or inner primary covers. I think it's a Kuryakyn part.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I have it all apart now to rebuild the clutch and to change all the seals and to remove the mids shift shaft. I looked on line and found some local powder coat places, not sure if they do chrome but gonna call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts