Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this the morning that Wingnut and I were taking that MA ride in the rain. Guy was getting gas. Cool car....excellent work. Steel body and 6 years in the building process....

During the building process:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Love it! So many old rods seem to be a war of who has the fattest wallet. It's awesome as is, takes you back to hot-roddings roots.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love it! So many old rods seem to be a war of who has the fattest wallet. It's awesome as is, takes you back to hot-roddings roots.
That's what I loved about it. Grass roots, home built, era correct. Check out the fram oil filter unit and the truck suspension. The same spindles, hubs and rims used in this area, for dirt-track racing due to their strength and inexpensive prices for used parts.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Pretty cool! :cool Looks like it even has a heater in it.:thumb

·
Office Linebacker
1,218 Posts
That pull-out windscreen was the coolest thing ever.
Cars should have that now.

I'd drive that thing.

·
Super Moderator
12,510 Posts
Love the flathead! As much as the Chevy 350 V8 is a staple in hotrods, the original flathead is awesome.

·
kickstand grinder
1,549 Posts
Guy had an old F2 Ford was early 60's dump truck iz think.... had me come down to get "the ol girl up and running". After about 15 minutes, fresh fuel, that old crate had been sitting for years- that motor ran flawlessly- I mean to tell you- you could in fact set a wine glass on the intake- smooth as silk, couldn't believe my eyes, a deaf person wouldn't know it was running. Flatheads were good designs- look cool too!

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
WOW, ratrod w/ flathead....that is one cool ride. That feller done good.....thanks for postin that Dave..:thumb

·
812 Posts
Absolutely fantastic. Haven't seen a car like that in years. In my younger days I used to go up to Cumberland MD on Labor Day Weekend to Cumberland Raceway to see there Pre 49 Hotrod Show. Good times. I love cars like that.

Jonathan

·
Registered
753 Posts
The fun thing about building a car like that would be hitting the swap meets to find all of the cool, period correct "stuff".
I need a project car.

·
Hates being Sick.
471 Posts
Something diffrent.

As I am a lifelong Volvo guy, I have always wanted to build this: take an old PV444 or 544, (they look kinda like an old 40 Ford, google PV544) and put a late model (early to mid nineties) Volvo 940 Turbo drivetrain and electronic fuel and ignition system in. Use the suspension, steering, and all out of the 940. Keep the body stock looking, make a nice interior, use the power seats and locks and windows out of the 940, etc. I have always thought that would make a neat car. Problem is, you can't hardly find the old PV's anymore.
Those mid nineties 940 Turbos would run, brother! And you can mid the hell out of them. 250 300 horsepower is doable. I wasted so much of my time, money, and effort over the years on damn Stock Cars though. Had a lot of fun, but I've finally gave that up. Too expensive, and takes all of your time away from work. I might do me a Rod some day. But I might just get deeper into bikes instead. Seems to be more fun for me, I work on cars all day, and just do t want to mess with them while Im not working. I prefer to just rub and ride my Harley. I still gotta do something out of this 87Suzuki GS 500 I got. I can't decide to go old style Cafe Racer, Bobber, or just a funky custom. Don't really care too much for the Rat style bike, they just look like worn out junk to me. Hell, I thought the idea was to fix one up nice, not turn in into a piece of crap. I don't get the whole rusted and rickety look. Whatever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts