Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and new to the forum and glad to be here! Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct spot and that it has not been posted or addressed before. If so, my apologies.....
I just purchased a Harley Premium Oil Cooler. The instructions state that the hose clamps need to be torqued to 8 inch pounds. I almost crapped my drawers when I found out how much these inch pound drivers cost. Anyone ever installed this without a inch pound torque wrench? I can't see spending $100+ on a driver and am curioous if anyone here as done it without it (just by "feel"). Thanks in advance.:faint

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
8 in/lbs = .33 ft/lbs.

It's not much, meaning you tighten it by hand enough to create equal pressure around the hose, and not so tight that the clamps dig into the rubber, or worse yet, begin to cut the rubber.

·
Registered
39,573 Posts
Oh, to answer your question.... Yeah, I installed my oil cooler without using a torque wrench.

:hidesbehind

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh S**t...I'm still laughing....:lol8:rofl:.... that was good! Yup duh! only I don't use a torque wrench for that, I Use my teef (hahahaha) yup ya got a point.... :nod I needed that laugh!:thumb

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ditto ....installed mine also without a TW - no problemo.

·
The Northern Redneck
7,170 Posts
No torque wrench needed, just snug em up tight by hand...and as far as an inch pound torque wrench..you don't need to spend $100 if you want one...I bought one on sale at Harbor Freight,,(discount tool dealer)..sure is chinese, but they work...paid under $10 on sale....it's a 1/4" drive also packed up an inch pound unit in 3/8" drive for about the same price...My 1'2" drive unit is a PROTO, ran about $250 in the day....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts