Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new 21" front wheel Friday and just installed it today on my Ultra Classic, looks great I think.the bike has under gone a drastic transformation his winter. I will post more pics I just need to go on pc and dig up before pics ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1368404581.523828.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Go SEAHAWKS!!
807 Posts
Looks hot!! How's the handling?

·
Retired citizen
23,198 Posts
Yeah I'm wondering about the load rating on a 21" tire ???

·
Go SEAHAWKS!!
807 Posts
Avon (as an example) has 21" tires that range between 397 to 584 pounds depending on the width. 80/90-21 vs 120/70-21 respectively.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It did not require any mods to the fender..used stock spacers went together pretty easy. The tire width is about the same as stock ill pull some measurements when I get home. Weathers been a little cold and wet so I haven't had a chance to ride it yet..

·
Go SEAHAWKS!!
807 Posts
Looks good,but i bet it handle's like crap.
Easy to make grand sweeping statements based on...what? Based on what exactly? Just curious.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
It did not require any mods to the fender..used stock spacers went together pretty easy. The tire width is about the same as stock ill pull some measurements when I get home. Weathers been a little cold and wet so I haven't had a chance to ride it yet..

So what you are telling me is that I can get a 21" spoked wheel for Priscilla that is the same width, so the handling is the same, and I don't need any fender mods..............Great!

Can I borrow some $$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not a fan of 21"s on touring bikes; IMHO it does not look right with the 16" fender. But if you like it, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First ride impression is good...the bike feels good, tracks straight, smooth ride and even seems to have gotten rid of the front end wobbles at higher speeds. I lowered the rear two inches and with the front wheel in there it feels like the bike sits up hill but hey I like it...lol. So as far as handling goes its not worse by any means, the only thing I did notice is the bike feels a little heavier turning the bars in a lean but I actually can lean over further with this setup. All that being said if anyone is looking for the same setup I can refer you to the guy I got the wheel from it is a hell of a price and he ships fast.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts