Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put and air cleaner and pipes on this 2011 wide glide. Pipes were slip ons. Pretty straight forward. Two clamps, hangar bolt and union bolt.

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once on.....align pipes before final tighten and you're good.....

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next......remove seat. You also have to remove the left side cover for the fuse box. It looks like two allens, but it pulls off. Once off, there's an allen in the center and two torx on the frame. These have to be remove to pull the fuse/ecu panel out.

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next, remove ecu plug and feed it back through fuse block, with the diagnostic plug. You'll be plugging new ecu plug from unit into ecu, and ecu into this. Its a signal "interrupter". O2 sensors remain.

Once you pushed it through, mate with V&H unit and feed new plug and diagnostic plug back through and mate to ecu.

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once done, fix all wiring under ecu, under seat and place fuse block back in place. Replace hardware. Unit can sit under seat.

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remove the 4 screws from cover. There s a mode button an up and down button for rpm range. The company gives you a value to place in each mode number to 19, than you cycle throttle, and finish last values.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Note in third pic.....mode #1 gets value #3. Then mode#2 gets value #6....mode#3 value #12.....and its that simple. Change mode, add predetermined value given for that mode, move to next mode.

As modes go up, some get as much as 26, some more/less. Easy-peasey. At value 19, you turn ignition on ( don't start) and roll throttle to full WOT.

When you cycle the throttle, the numbers on the range/value side will cycle to 50 at half throttle and to 97-100 on the full throttle roll. This calibrates the unit and syncs signals with ecu.

After that......It goes to 25 and done.

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Complete unit..... Easy install.....Rate it a 5 out of 10. Easy directions. Note predetermined values printed out on top. Minimal tools. If you can program a new smart phone.....you can do this.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts