Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I go. Bought the first part off E-Bay, a CB Module. If any one has done this feel free to offer suggestions.

I know I need the console with the plug-in, one or two wiring harnesses, and a headset. The Harley parts catalog said some of the parts are not available for a Road Glide Custom but the parts guy put together a list for me. $999.00 just for the parts from Harley. He said it would work. Planning on doing the install myself.

Again any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

·
Banned
71 Posts
Well here I go. Bought the first part off E-Bay, a CB Module. If any one has done this feel free to offer suggestions.

I know I need the console with the plug-in, one or two wiring harnesses, and a headset. The Harley parts catalog said some of the parts are not available for a Road Glide Custom but the parts guy put together a list for me. $999.00 just for the parts from Harley. He said it would work. Planning on doing the install myself.

Again any suggestions would be appreciated.:)
You might want to look into what is on a Road Glide Ultra as far as part numbers.

:coffee:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, thanks

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the module, it looks good. $88. Bought the new console with the 7-Pin plug on e-bay. Waiting delivery. $88.

Found several left hand controls with wiring on E-Bay with the PTT CB button. They are all over $100, have to wait for more money.

Having trouble finding the wiring adapter harness PN 70169-06A. may have to buy from Harley for $104.

Still looking good to save a lot from the $1000 the dealer quoted just for parts.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Slowly as parts come together is fine. You want it right now, costs go up...way way up.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slowly as parts come together is fine. You want it right now, costs go up...way way up.

Gotcha. Trying to be patient. Got the console with the plug for headsets today.:)

I need to start taking pictures of the stuff I guess. Gotta get a new camera 'cause mine hit the pavement on Beartooth Pass. It's done for.:mad

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered two more parts for the CB install. Left handlebar switch housing and the buttons for it. The prices were unbelievable. I hope it wasn't a scam.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I only need the special wiring harness that allows the cb module to connect to wiring. (PN 70169-06A $104 from Harley) I think the Ultras already are connected but I need this for the RG "Custom"

I received handlebar switch housing and some buttons, they look good ($18). Waiting for the full button package I ordered ($20).
I hope I have the CB wiring from the switch to the inner fairing but won't know until I start taking things apart. Hopefully it's hiding somewhere in the housing or fairing.

I've put off starting till it turns winter for good here.

Thanks for asking

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, and a headset for 3/4 helmet, 7-PIN.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for delays. Had knee replacement 11/04. I'll say that January maybe the next installment

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got side tracked by a knee replacement. Feeling much better now.

Should have a garage heater by the weekend and be ready to hit it. Snowing and cold here tonight so it should be time to tear things up.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news - Got a new camera for pictures
Bad news - The garage heater I was going to buy is already sold.
Worse news - My procrastination gene kicked in and I thought I'd better give out Christmas money to little relatives and my kids so I will wait to buy a garage heater.

I promise by the first week in January.
Thanks for following.
I'll try and lay out parts I have and post a picture
Thanks for the encouragement Webco 2

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I think I only need the special wiring harness that allows the cb module to connect to wiring. (PN 70169-06A $104 from Harley) I think the Ultras already are connected but I need this for the RG "Custom"

I received handlebar switch housing and some buttons, they look good ($18). Waiting for the full button package I ordered ($20).
I hope I have the CB wiring from the switch to the inner fairing but won't know until I start taking things apart. Hopefully it's hiding somewhere in the housing or fairing.

I've put off starting till it turns winter for good here.

Thanks for asking

My guess is that you will have to add the switch in, as the wiring is not there.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Good news - Got a new camera for pictures
Bad news - The garage heater I was going to buy is already sold.
Worse news - My procrastination gene kicked in and I thought I'd better give out Christmas money to little relatives and my kids so I will wait to buy a garage heater.

I promise by the first week in January.
Thanks for following.
I'll try and lay out parts I have and post a picture
Thanks for the encouragement Webco 2
This is the style of heater I've used, works great . :)

KeroHeat Kerosene Heater — 23,500 BTU, Model# CV 23K | Kerosene Heaters| Northern Tool + Equipment

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Webco. That's the best price I've seen for a 23000. Hope they still have it after Christmas.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Stangs. I was afraid of that. I think I have found some online but I'm not sure if the part number is for my year. SKU 77133-09. May have to go to Harley.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 61 Posts