Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to install the DOY dirty Air ride on (for now) the rear of my 2013 Road Glide Ultra. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on where to mount the pump.

I have seen the brackets that allow you to mount the pump between the right saddlebag and fender. On my Ultra, I don't have the gap filler between the saddlebag and the fender so you would be able to see the pump.

I also don't want to have to take the battery out and rearrange everything in that area to try to squeeze it in.

I was contemplating putting it under the tour pak. There is plenty of room between the pak and the fender and the pump would be hidden by the license plate.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
39,539 Posts
I would hide it.

With it under the tour pack, you'd still be able to see it from the sides.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Will it fit inside your fairing? Stangs takes his fairing off in about the same amount time it takes him to tie his boots.

--

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you want to mount it under the tour pack find a plastic box or have someone fab a metal box to hide it and paint it to match the bike, just saying.

Enjoy The Ride

:biking:

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Will it fit inside your fairing? Stangs takes his fairing off in about the same amount time it takes him to tie his boots.

--
:laugh

How large is the pump??

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Now Dirty Air has a mount that will let you install on the saddlebag support. Looks pretty slick. Just don't know how it would hold up with all the road grime from riding in rain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts