Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'08 Dyna SuperGlide
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed risers on an '08 stock SuperGlide? I'd like to keep the stock bars, but would like a little height/pullback. Can this be done and still maintain the stock location of the Speedo? If it can be done, who and where can I find the correct riser application for my bike? Also, does anyone know the diameter of the stock '08 SuperGlide "Buckhorn" bars? Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
39,577 Posts
Bars are 1".

I think you'll have to stick with straight risers tho, because the pull back ones will throw off the angle that the topclamp/speedo mount sits at.

·
Kevlar
19 Posts
08 Superglide and Risers

You can use 4 1/2 or 6" risers no sweat. Dynas' have extra wiring under the tank, though you will have to change accelerator and idle cables and also get a new front break line.

Good luck with the changes and stay upright.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I don't know if Sporty an Dyna are close or not but i put 4 1/2 up and 1 1/2 back on mine. You can look in my gallery at the pic of my tach an speedo and see i had to make a bracket for them, it puts your speedo at an awkward angle, almost straight up an down. My cables were plenty long enough,only thing i had to change was brake cable,good excuse to put on stainless braided.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts