Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
I tried the Harley version and they are to small of a band for my head. I dont know what kinda helmet you have buy i just got a set of the ls2 hh568 half helmets. You can use the standard helmet headset with them as they have the speaker pods. And you can get those off of ebay or the forum pretty cheap. I actually have a brand new one i wanna sale. It came with my ultra and as i already have 2 sets i dont need it. Just another idea.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
595 Posts
My wife and I wear full helmits. We have not found a headset and mic that will fit our helmits. Actually we have sort of given up. There isn't enough room between our ears and the helmit. I could alter the helmit but then I don't feel the helmit is safe anymore. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've found a solution for perfect headphone fit under my full face helmet:
http://www.ultimateear.com
The custom fitted earpieces are spot on and a service for converting existing earphones is offered. Find a similar solution and all you need worry about is the mouthpiece for your comms.

Andy

·
Registered
532 Posts
I use the Scala Rider G4. I don't usually wear a full face helmet, but have tried it in one and it worked for me. But I know it really works well in a 3/4 helmet.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for something to use with the Ultra intercom and CB

·
Just Riding Around!
122 Posts
Have you looked at J&M products? I have one of their helmets (actually it's an Arai helmet that they've put their headset in permanently) and it's great! The sound quality is far superior than the stock H-D headset that came with my bike.

They have separate units that you can install in whatever helmet you happen to have. Here's a link:

J&M Motorcycle Audio

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the help guy's, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Have you looked at Sierra Electronics? Here's some info.
Products
X2 on the Sierra products. I just got the headset for helmetless/half helmet and they work great. I have the premium harley headset with the speakers in the speaker pods on one of my half helmets and the sound quality and mic are real good but not easily switched to another helmet. I tried the cheaper behind the head headsets off ebay and they are bad. Cheaply made and sound quality and mic are terrible. The Sierra behind the head headset is the same quality as the Harley set but at a more reasonable price plus I can wear them with any half helmet. I also ordered another set for my wife so she can switch up helmets as well.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Have you looked at J&M products? I have one of their helmets (actually it's an Arai helmet that they've put their headset in permanently) and it's great! The sound quality is far superior than the stock H-D headset that came with my bike.

They have separate units that you can install in whatever helmet you happen to have. Here's a link:

J&M Motorcycle Audio
I will second the J&M Elite head set. They sound terrific and much better than the stock Harley head set.

·
Smokin Ogre
261 Posts
Harley Hound, I have used these headsets and have had no problems. If using without a face shield or full face, I would suggest turning the voice activation all the way down. The wind will irritate you if you dont.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts