Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2013 FLTRU last April, and am finally getting around to rigging up the headsets, etc., for a planned road trip... I have 2 sets of headsets(one still in plastic wrap) that came with bike, I also bought 1 helmet less headset, I get awesome sound(both riders) however neither microphone will even cut in to try to communicate! Doesn’t decrease volume on radio or even sound like ANYTHING is happening when u hit the PTT switches..I have never used intercoms on bike before— HELP???

·
Registered
649 Posts
Which radio do you have? On my '14 FLHTCU, i have the cheaper 4.3 with the smaller screen..
After the unit wakes up and the accept button is pushed.
Hit the "Home" button,
Select: "COMM' button
select: "Intercom" button Then turn up the "VOX" That should do it! .. Please let me know...

OOPS: i forgot to tell ya: the PTT button is not for the intercom! That's only for Voice Command (talking to the radio) like: "Call Jim, mobile"... The intercom is Voice activated.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Is there a factory reset for that radio or default setting . . . if all else fails.

·
Registered
649 Posts
P.M. Sent (I think) a quick start guide pdf

You have to click on your Avatar on the upper right of the screen to view the p.m. (conversation)..

·
Registered
649 Posts
Well Crap! I just went through that pdf. I explains all but the intercom. However, I did run through mine in order to write my first reply. So at least i know it works like that: o_O

Which radio do you have? On my '14 FLHTCU, i have the cheaper 4.3 with the smaller screen..
After the unit wakes up and the accept button is pushed.
Hit the "Home" button,
Select: "COMM' button
select: "Intercom" button Then turn up the "VOX" That should do it! .. Please let me know...

OOPS: i forgot to tell ya: the PTT button is not for the intercom! That's only for Voice Command (talking to the radio) like: "Call Jim, mobile"... The intercom is Voice activated.

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
4,913 Posts

You are wrong about that. I push the ptt button to talk to my wife all the time. Talk on the CB the same way, VOX works well for her mic in a full face helmet, but in my 3/4 helmet it doesn't work well. It does, how ever, trip the intercom when there is a lot of wind noise and the Rinhart's are barkin'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to my owners manual, u are supposed to use the PTT button to talk- this is a 2013 , has no Bluetooth interface or anything like that, it is just a “plain old radio/CD/CB, etc...” lol, no touch screen or anything like that.... it is a Harmon Kardon (which they probably all are?)

·
Registered
649 Posts

You are wrong about that. I push the ptt button to talk to my wife all the time. Talk on the CB the same way, VOX works well for her mic in a full face helmet, but in my 3/4 helmet it doesn't work well. It does, how ever, trip the intercom when there is a lot of wind noise and the Rinhart's are barkin'.
OK, that's news to me. My helmet is a modular, i usually wear it at 3/4 position when she's on the back. The vox has worked every time for us. I only use the ptt to access the other functions. That being said, the intercom vox will trip no matter what sound i make, be it a sneeze or using the ptt to tell the phone something. My bike doesn't have the CB option so, i can't speak to that.

Now, she has her own bike so, we are trying to decide which comm system to go with. So far the Senna 10 is looking good for the $. I'm too cheep to put my $ on the wireless gizmo for the bike. (besides all the reviews for that thing sucks).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts