Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not good with dealerships at all and dont want to be cheated. what is a good out the door price i should aim for with the iron 883?

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Just do the best you can if at all posible get quotes over internet then try playing one dealer against another, (problem you need to make sure you find a good sevicing dealer at the same time) good luck.

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
yea good luck you will not get much off the price with harley, I think dad got extended warrenty for free on his 09 and that is about it. The dealer with better customer service is key though we probley have one of the best around

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so far the qoute i got was for 9300 OTD after much haggling, which i felt was still very overpriced especially since im paying cash also. ive been reading about how plenty of other people are getting around 8500 and some even got it for 7600 OTD. 200 dollars off MSRP!
thanks so much for replying i appreciate all the help i can get and looking forward to not having to ride my brother's bike anymore. i'll have my own special lady...

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I just got a quote for a Dyna custom for 13874. that's 874 over msrp they still have the bike, I still have my sporty and money. And it's the same dealer I bought my sporty from and can't get a response from other dealer no wounder Harley is in trouble. Looks like I'm keeping the sporty. trongster my advice don't let the know you're paying cash until deal is finished. My dealer probably knows I'm paying cash because I did last time.

·
Registered
39,501 Posts
trongster my advice don't let the know you're paying cash until deal is finished.
Yup, let the dealer think you are gonna use HD financing, and that they are gonna make money off you by financing it thru them. Then when the price of the bike is negotiated, pay in cash.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yup, let the dealer think you are gonna use HD financing, and that they are gonna make money off you by financing it thru them. Then when the price of the bike is negotiated, pay in cash.

I think that philosophy is more effective in boom times than it is now. I think the opposite is the better route right now.... the number one priority for these dealers right now is cash flow. They can't easily sell their paper now, so a financed deal isn't as sweet for them as a deal that goes 100% direct to immediate cash flow. (Buffet foundation recently bought 600mil$ of Harley paper at a pretty substantial discount...no extra $$$$ made there).

I month or so ago, I bought a '09 FLHRC for approx $1600 under MSRP and I think the reason they took the deal that they told me for an hour and a half that they "couldn't", was because they knew it was a clean no trade cash sale. I actually walked out the door still $700 apart and they stopped me in the parking lot. Strange times.

·
Registered
39,501 Posts
Good deal. I think your recent experience certainly has some merit.

BTW, is that an S&S FI unit on your softail?

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I think that philosophy is more effective in boom times than it is now. I think the opposite is the better route right now.... the number one priority for these dealers right now is cash flow. They can't easily sell their paper now, so a financed deal isn't as sweet for them as a deal that goes 100% direct to immediate cash flow. (Buffet foundation recently bought 600mil$ of Harley paper at a pretty substantial discount...no extra $$$$ made there).

I month or so ago, I bought a '09 FLHRC for approx $1600 under MSRP and I think the reason they took the deal that they told me for an hour and a half that they "couldn't", was because they knew it was a clean no trade cash sale. I actually walked out the door still $700 apart and they stopped me in the parking lot. Strange times.

Interesting don't know if it'll be the case across the board ... but time's are changing play it by ear and try working one dealer against the other. Oh nice looking bikes

·
Registered
165 Posts
BTW, is that an S&S FI unit on your softail?
Yep.. she's a S&S poster child..... S&S intake,gear drive cams, jugs, pistons, S&S 6speed tranny, clutch, etc..... I kept the HD heads and had R&R rework them.... man are they the Gods of torque!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts