Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My awesome gf bought me some v&h short shots for my 2013 iron 883. My questions are

1. Since I'm only changing the exhaust and NOT the air cleaner is a fuel pak needed? I've heard some many different suggestions on this. I don't want to screw up my bike

2. I'm not a mechanic by any means but have some skill....is the install easy.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
1.) No

2.) Yes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My awesome gf bought me some v&h short shots for my 2013 iron 883. My questions are

1. Since I'm only changing the exhaust and NOT the air cleaner is a fuel pak needed? I've heard some many different suggestions on this. I don't want to screw up my bike

2. I'm not a mechanic by any means but have some skill....is the install easy.
1. not that i'm aware of... but sh!t, since you already got a set of shorties... why not invest a few more bucks into the rest of the system? (air cleaner, fuel pak, remap, etc... :D)

2. i'm no mechanic but i put two sets of these on, both on mine and my girl's... if ya got basic tools that's all ya need. Although, i'm a bit meticulous so i tightened everything up to Harley spec with my torque stick. V&H is very good about explicit instructions that come with the pipes. Follow those you'll have no worries friend!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
1. not that i'm aware of... but sh!t, since you already got a set of shorties... why not invest a few more bucks into the rest of the system? (air cleaner, fuel pak, remap, etc... :D)

2. i'm no mechanic but i put two sets of these on, both on mine and my girl's... if ya got basic tools that's all ya need. Although, i'm a bit meticulous so i tightened everything up to Harley spec with my torque stick. V&H is very good about explicit instructions that come with the pipes. Follow those you'll have no worries friend!!

^^I agree, you got the pipes without a dime out of pocket! I'd go on and work on the rest of the package!! That's just my mindset though :thumbsup

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, The FP3 may be pricey but I think it's well worth the $$$.
I put a Roland Sands breather on my 48, made a decent difference. Remapped using a canned map on the Fuelpak, ran wayyy better. Tehn Did an auto tune and she's even nastier!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
^^I agree, you got the pipes without a dime out of pocket! I'd go on and work on the rest of the package!! That's just my mindset though :thumbsup
+1 from me!
I have the V&H Short shots, V&H fuelpak, and V&H big sucker A/C. My FLH and RK riding buds are impressed by the pure nastiness of my Lil girl!
:2guns

1 - 6 of 6 Posts