Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie, so please allow me to post my first question. Greatly appreciated. I picked up an Iron 883 over here in Japan, but unfortunately, due to the laws of the road, it did not come with the side mounted license plate bracket(which is one of the things I was really looking forward to having on this thing). Anyway, to make a long story short, I want to put one on it without having to shell out a ton of money. It came with a center mounted license plate bracket which is basically just mounted/connected to the rear fender, and sort of comes out of the back of the fender as a sort of continuation(of the fender itself). Of course, if any one out there knows in detail about this Japan import Iron, then please feel free to put your 2 cents in.
Basically, I want to remove this rear fender mounted bracket and put it/one on the left side of the bike. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy riding to all of you.
Peace, Court B
Sendai, Japan

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
What he said.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hate to come off like a dummy,
but I know that there are plenty of after market side mount license plate brackets, but I'd kind of like to keep with the Iron/Nightster Side mount look if possible. Thanks in advance for any advice, and again, much appreciated on the welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
40,758 Posts
If you want the stock US Domestic license plate bracket, you might have to order it thru a US dealer. Not sure if your dealer has the ability to get the US domestic parts. All international export models have the fender mounted one like you have.

IMO, you should get an aftermarket metal one tho. The stock one is plastic.

Are you in the military? If so, that would make things easier by shipping to your APO box....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the info. I think I'll just
go with a very basic metal aftermarket
mount. I really don't want to have to
mess around with wiring up lights or
anything, just want something basic
that I can put on there easily. Plus the
actual HD side mount is probably pretty
ridiculously priced. Any recommended
sellers/shops/websites out there selling
the barebones,cheap, easy to install
side mount license
plate bracket?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I'd also like to know if there is any nice and reasonably priced side mounting no. plate holders because my Iron comes with the same ugly piece of number plate holder! :mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there any specific brand to look for? Don't wanna buy a no. plate holder that breaks off after 10kms :lol8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts