Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you done one of these rides. Saddle Sore or Bun Burner? Tell us about it.

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
I did one this last year and had a great time. I completed 1022 miles in 17 hours and 55 minutes. I'm planning on doing my border to border run this year. For that you have to ride from Mexico to Canada in 36 hours. Wish me luck.:thumb

The Iron Butt Association

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
yes I've two SS or 1000/24. One was an inside the state(LA) run. Looking forward to a Bun burner but gas and work have not been very good last year or so.
Just gota stay on the bike till you get the required mileage in the time limit.
24 hours is way good for a 1000. I even took a nap one night on a barbque grill in TEX and still had plenty time. BB's are a little tighter though.

Finally the documentation but if you stay in the guidlines not a problem.
You send this off they evaluate and authenticate and send you some goodies that you of course pay for. Yippeyiya:thumb

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I did one this last year and had a great time. I completed 1022 miles in 17 hours and 55 minutes. I'm planning on doing my border to border run this year. For that you have to ride from Mexico to Canada in 36 hours. Wish me luck.:thumb

The Iron Butt Association

Hats off to you 17hrs 55mins I can't stay awake that long let alone ride that long.:thumb Good luck on your next run.

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hats off to you 17hrs 55mins I can't stay awake that long let alone ride that long.:thumb Good luck on your next run.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I did a SS1000 about four years ago, then got hooked.

SS1500 last summer and just recently did a Bun Burner Gold 1500 in 21 hr.

In between I did some others. Different state 1000's in 24, these are the hard ones because you have to do a scavenger hunt with them, there are a lot out there.

IBA# 27180

·
What?
3,256 Posts
My hat's off to you guys also.

I'm with scol - I like sleeping too much!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I even took a nap one night on a barbque grill in TEX and still had plenty time.
Yippeyiya:thumb
This may sound weird, but the best place to take a nap is a cemetary. No one bothers you, it's quiet and it's free.

I recently did a BMW 100,000 ft = 10 passes 10,000', about 10hrs.
They were giving me a hard time about doing this on a HD and having to hit peeks and twisties but I came in at the beginning way before the deadline...who was smiling then...:)

Future IBA rides in mind...Coast to Coast and Border to Border.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Congrats all. And Speedratchet -- Let us know about your Mexico to Canada plans when the time approaches.

Follow, I've done that 100K ride five years in a row. Have a number of like-minded H-D riders on my Front Range email riding list. Send me a PM if interested in being on the list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts