Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 82 Harley Ironhead will still not turn over! I am at my wits end. I've replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, coil and ignition module, and (I know I probably don't have the timing set correctly, but I would think it should still start.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After multiple tests; the battery is good, the ignition module is working properly and there is voltage available to the coil. But, when I use a test plug, I am not getting any spark.

·
Registered
341 Posts
make your own s/plug wire & socer the connections, they use that set only for test purposes, because it interfers with the radio.
if you made sure the test plug was grounded & connections clean etc & fuses are good then you have a bad plug wire orcoil. google ohm ing a coil. i like to make my own s/plug wire that i can soder the connection.
as far as not turning over go thru the starter bendix. maybe you need to wire brush the copper washer in the solinoid.
get a manual & go thru the starter system, ck brushes. clean armature, use emery cloth on brush contact area. then when you install the primary cover make sure it is flush. i think you have 1 demple for alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts