Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on Fox Network the (KGB) aka IRS has been viewing private citizens emails w/o court order thus violating the 4th Amendment. Just another example of another runaway government agencies disregard for the law. They stated they are not looking at Facebook or any other social media.

ACLU says they will launch investigation.

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Try'n to behave
5,846 Posts
Well, there IS one member on here that may be able to shed some further light on this subject and I for one will listen to what he says. Very knowledgeable.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Well, there IS one member on here that may be able to shed some further light on this subject and I for one will listen to what he says. Very knowledgeable.
Verbum! :thumbsup

·
Banned
447 Posts
Glenn Beck (take this reference as a caveat)

What Words and Phrases in Your Emails Might the FBI’s New Software Be Searching For? | TheBlaze.com

notes that the FBI is searching your email for ten words or phrases:

Cover up
Write off
Illegal
Failed investment
Nobody will find out
Grey area
They owe it to me
Do not volunteer information
Not ethical
Off the books

And so I composed an email we should all share with our social networks --

Dear Ashlee,

Thanks for the cozy little after-bath cover up you sent me for my birthday. It's so soft, warm and cuddly, it should be illegal. I've shopped for something like this for years, but I've decided most of what I've bought is a failed investment. Nobody will find out the money I've wasted. I'm keeping it off the books.

This may sound not ethical, but some of the stuff I've found I return to the stores, even if I didn't buy it there. I tell them I've lost the receipt, or that it was a gift. Since I shop at these stores all the time, I figure they owe it to me. It's a grey area for them. I figure they're a huge retail operation and will just view the returned item as a write off. I just play the dumb blonde and do not volunteer any information.

Call me! We can get together and go boy hopping -- I mean bar hopping!

Stacie

:rofl:

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
Just saw on Fox Network the (KGB) aka IRS has been viewing private citizens emails w/o court order thus violating the 4th Amendment. Just another example of another runaway government agencies disregard for the law. They stated they are not looking at Facebook or any other social media.

ACLU says they will launch investigation.

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App
Patriot Act Baby!!! Oh wait, that is for hunting terrorists... Umm, tax dodgers are terrorists!!! Yeah, that's it. Now the Patriot Act covers it. All fixed, damn the Fourth Amendment. ;-)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
447 Posts
Patriot Act Baby!!! Oh wait, that is for hunting terrorists... Umm, tax dodgers are terrorists!!! Yeah, that's it. Now the Patriot Act covers it. All fixed, damn the Fourth Amendment. ;-)
Yeah, we don't need no steeenkin' warrant. We got drones.

·
Try'n to behave
5,846 Posts
Glenn Beck (take this reference as a caveat)

What Words and Phrases in Your Emails Might the FBI’s New Software Be Searching For? | TheBlaze.com

notes that the FBI is searching your email for ten words or phrases:

Cover up
Write off
Illegal
Failed investment
Nobody will find out
Grey area
They owe it to me
Do not volunteer information
Not ethical
Off the books

And so I composed an email we should all share with our social networks --

Dear Ashlee,

Thanks for the cozy little after-bath cover up you sent me for my birthday. It's so soft, warm and cuddly, it should be illegal. I've shopped for something like this for years, but I've decided most of what I've bought is a failed investment. Nobody will find out the money I've wasted. I'm keeping it off the books.

This may sound not ethical, but some of the stuff I've found I return to the stores, even if I didn't buy it there. I tell them I've lost the receipt, or that it was a gift. Since I shop at these stores all the time, I figure they owe it to me. It's a grey area for them. I figure they're a huge retail operation and will just view the returned item as a write off. I just play the dumb blonde and do not volunteer any information.

Call me! We can get together and go boy hopping -- I mean bar hopping!

Stacie

:rofl:
You for got to add that they can meet after SCHOOL and she'll buy A HUNDRED ROUNDS of SHOTS, then they can go back to her room and RIFLE through some MAGAZINES, listen to ANTHRAX on the stereo and talk about that boy Tom....because He's da BOMB!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,345 Posts
Looks like ACLU is involved now. This could get interesting.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,345 Posts
interesting ?? just how so, did they show up with a rope ??
It seems that the 6th Ckt ruled on something akin to this a few years back and ACLU has filed a Freedom of Info request with IRS and is going to pursue it in light of the 6th Decision.Probably the first time I ever wanted to see them succeed.

·
Registered
38,861 Posts
It seems that the 6th Ckt ruled on something akin to this a few years back and ACLU has filed a Freedom of Info request with IRS and is going to pursue it in light of the 6th Decision.Probably the first time I ever wanted to see them succeed.
You know we're fooked when the ACLU are the "good guys". :what?

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts

·
Banned
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure that " one guy" will rationalize this unlawful crap as some sort of misunderstood hyperbole that is really not what every news network including the KGB has been reporting. If we would go to a flat tax we could get rid of 90% of these bullies.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Noel
8,443 Posts
If we would go to a flat tax we could get rid of 90% of these bullies.
I tend to agee, but the story is all about filing season hyperbolic rhetoric.

Smart folks will petition the district courts to quash the administrative summons if they know the inquiry has been issued, it's all about protecting your rights as a citizen taxpayer!!!!!!!

BTW, What I say here is my humble opinion based on real life experience.

PS: this affects a tiny percentage of the most egregious cases.

In my 27 years, I have NEVER summoned an ISP for an individual's email records.

I want to reassure all of you my participation on this forum is strictly personal and in -NO WAY- intended to gather information for ~Official Duties~, any friends (Including Hopper) here and on FB and other forums can rest assure that I have no intents to violate your privacy, anyone who posts me a personal message about financial issues, I comment only at your request and what I say is not official, I will never access or affect your tax accounts because I know you personally or via this casual interaction, any of these actions would ensure a cold cot at Ft Leavenworth for yours truly if I did.

·
Noel
8,443 Posts
Bump for update to original posting.

I would like to see a simple or flat tax system too, but regardless of the type of tax system we have, there would still be a need, even if were rare,l to examine or audit cases for accuracy of self reporting.

In the Accounts Receivable collections process (that I am very familiar with) the purpose of summonsing records from individuals or third parties has to do with validation of collection determinations, following the tracks of actions to disperse and hide assets from levy, lien or seizure.

·
Banned
447 Posts
You for got to add that they can meet after SCHOOL and she'll buy A HUNDRED ROUNDS of SHOTS, then they can go back to her room and RIFLE through some MAGAZINES, listen to ANTHRAX on the stereo and talk about that boy Tom....because He's da BOMB!
"that guy is a total bomb. What he does to me is just short of sexual terrorism! I don't think I'd ever get tired of f****ing with him. Just thinking about it blows everything apart for me!"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts