Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a cigarette lighter for aux power?

I am thinking, hole in side of bag so unit can be accessed. Inside bag house the lighter in a plastic seasoning jar. Jar would be larger diameter than lighter housing. Also have a quick disconnect added in case I want to ride without the wind shield.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
I'd say it was OK, but as you have a Heritage why not put it in a saddle bag ? That's what I did on my Heritage and it's closer to the battery. I used mine to charge my phone on trips

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I like the idea of using a plastic spice jar for the housing, then placing it inside the bag.

If you were to run the wiring through that chrome spiral covering, and into the bag via a 5/16" hole, with it nylon ties to the windshield mounting bracket and place your disconnect near the front of the fuel tank, that would look tasteful and the wiring would remain with the windshield.

Covering: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-CABLE-LOOM-WIRE-COVERING-5ft-x-5-16_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ250376760121QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Depending on WHAT you wanted it for, phone, camera, coffee maker.... it mioght work better in the saddlebag, since there's more room for everything, and as stated, less wiring to run/hide.

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saddle bag is not a bad idea either. I plan to use it to power my GPS plus charge my phone, MP3 player and rechargeable batteries for my camera. GPS will be on the handle bars so I need it up front.

That chrome wire wrap looks pretty cool.

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it came out pretty good. Only used regular spiral wrap. If I did the chrome I would have to do everything.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Kick ass..... looks better th en I imagined....... Nice work.

·
Life Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice work Cosmic,just wonderin,who makes those bullet speakers?+ are you happy with the volume level ?

Thanks!

Cycle Sounds make those speakers and I am quite happy with them. After I bought them they came out with even bigger speakers. Just search for CYCLESOUNDS and you'll be led right to their website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered the new 3" version cycle sounds system yesterday. I sure hope they work good enough at speed. I'll find out in a few days.

·
Registered
39,456 Posts
Pretty cool idear there..... Oregano eh? :mwink

:lol8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts