Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think anyone at Harley is reading this forum? Are they smart enough to look at the most common questions and work to eliminate the problem before it starts?

I guess I am thinking out-loud, but it just seems that someone from HD would read this forum and learn from it. Common problems are like getting a cold...don't you try to get your kids to wash their hands, eat healthy and prevent the cold??

Just my thoughts....

·
Curmudgeon
7,040 Posts
Good thoughts, doubt if Harley is looking to learn, they where busting [email protected] awhile back.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
My guess is they do. There aren't many H-D boards to surf, and this one would be on the short list if they want to hear/read what owners are saying. Saavy companies everywhere are using the web for research... officially and "discretely".

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,505 Posts
Max used to mention statistics he kept on IPs where the V-Rod forum was accessed from, and Harley headquarters was consistently one of the most frequently connecting IPs. Not to mention when people went to a lot of trouble to up the displacement, Harley did too, when people went to a lot of trouble to increase gas capacity, Harley did too. When people argued about wind effect of the solid wheels and had them machined, Harley did too.
Course the V-Rod was new and there were 4 times as many members.
Expect V-Rod bagger for the same reason.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,255 Posts
I'd imagine so, if for no other reason than, they also ride. Even if they only visit out of recreation, there will be residual effects that may make it to the production floor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was wondering if you had anything specific in mind. Repair records should be all they need for the mechanical stuff. They know what they keep having to fix.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Wonder how many Harley Executives we've flamed for asking a stupid question? :D:D:D

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
I bet they do to some sort of degree. Example is all the changes and new bikes last few years. If it wasn't for victory or big dog competion i wonder if they would change much at all?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Max used to mention statistics he kept on IPs where the V-Rod forum was accessed from, and Harley headquarters was consistently one of the most frequently connecting IPs. Not to mention when people went to a lot of trouble to up the displacement, Harley did too, when people went to a lot of trouble to increase gas capacity, Harley did too. When people argued about wind effect of the solid wheels and had them machined, Harley did too.
Course the V-Rod was new and there were 4 times as many members.
Expect V-Rod bagger for the same reason.

I think Willie G even checked in at 1130cc.com on occasion, leaving messages on occasion.

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts