Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the dealer today ...... no real reason but one thing lead to another and they have 3 stock 2012 low mileage SG's on the floor., all 3 listed @ $18,500 .We talked a little , I set a $200.00 limit on a payment , trade my 01 Deuce and 2K cash ........ they left me a message later that they could do that ....... Hmmm .

Guess maybe I thought they wouldn't be able to get to that payment.
Kinda been waiting for the right deal .... nothing wrong with any of these but it would be nice if they were already stage 1 or had some kind of extras on them instead of adding 2 or 3 grand on top of the price .

Here's the one I'm liken , they have one more same color with only 4500mi same price , too much for a stock 2012 ?

Harley-Davidson 2012 Street Glide®

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nice bike, that price around here would be about right.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Pretty damn nice! Maybe Stage 1 can be rolled into the deal somehow without blowing your note out of reach.

--

·
I dont know
367 Posts
Three model years old and in winter. That price is to high IMO. 17k OTD is more like it.

Whats the going price on CL for similar bikes?

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm already researching ebay for exhaust , intake , and tuner. I have maybe $800 in parts I could sell from my Deuce to go into the SG . As I told them I didn't want to go over $200 a month so I could customize it cause you know I gotta Ha Ha Ha .

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Three model years old and in winter. That price is to high IMO. 17k OTD is more like it.

Whats the going price on CL for similar bikes?
They may have discounted some to get to that payment I'm thinking , my 01 Deuce at best on a trade is worth 7500 minus 3700 still owed on it so there either making it up on the trade or the price.

CL or Chopper exchange are pretty much 17,500 - 19,500 but then I don't have the trade option either .

·
Registered
694 Posts
Even if you added $3000 for stage one, your payment would only be affected by about $30/month...work on them, hit them up for half the upgrade cost, it's winter and sales are slow now. The mileage is right on that bike and they are a sweet ride, it's worth the money!

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Nice bike Duce.. I'm thinking the same as what's already been said. If you want to mod it, why not buy the parts, have them throw in the labor to seal the deal. Win win. Its winter.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$200 a month, but for how many months?
I still need to get some details , if it's over 60months then it's a no go , had dealer this summer work one down to $213 a month for a new 14 , for 84 months.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I still need to get some details , if it's over 60months then it's a no go , had dealer this summer work one down to $213 a month for a new 14 , for 84 months.
If your not buying new I'd cut the dealer out of the picture,the money you save will pay for a few mods.Just sayin

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Duce, I always calculate my own payments, just to know what I'm heading into.. caught a cage dealer trying to rip me once on payments. His OTD did not match what I had figured. Try this site, quick and dirty way to figure your payments. Hope this helps.

Payment Table

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
IMO I'd try and bargain some mods into the price.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
And please do not only focus on the monthly payment, check the interest rate they are giving you...If your credit is good you should be able to find better financing before you get to the dealer. And then have them try to match it.

Check the term as well... Based on interest rate, you could be paying for less months, same monthly payment and save thousands of dollars by doing it at 48 or 60 months versus 72 or 84...

This is how dealers take advantage of people that are only focused on a monthly payment.

·
Registered
827 Posts
If you are buying used, I'd hunt around and find your own. You might even have the luck of finding a used one with the stage one already done. Nice thing about used bikes, they are rarely bone stock. 02 e-glide came with a tuner pack, SE upgraded cam plate, already a cam so it rocks and thumps like it should. Let some other guy do the upgrades, cut the dealership out. Some dealers like to double their money on a trade in. Guys on craigslist rarely want that much. Also, due to the nature of Harley's and the people who buy them, used bikes are usually very clean and well maintained. I wouldn't think of buying a used bike at a dealership. You can usually get pretty good rates at a local credit union. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
11,966 Posts
Some dealers try to unload there rental bikes. Personally I would not want a rental bike. People tend to beat on rental vehicles. They should disclose that to you prior to sale, cant hurt to ask.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your not buying new I'd cut the dealer out of the picture,the money you save will pay for a few mods.Just sayin
The reason I'm looking at the dealer is the trade aspect otherwise I'm not in the game at this point.

Duce, I always calculate my own payments, just to know what I'm heading into.. caught a cage dealer trying to rip me once on payments. His OTD did not match what I had figured. Try this site, quick and dirty way to figure your payments. Hope this helps.

Payment Table
Thanks Gold , black Fri there doing zero down & zero interest for the term of the loan, I'm having a hard time getting 60 months to come out to that payment otherwise.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I'm not in the game at this point.
Disagree. You've got a bike you already like and does fine. Its winter, in these parts, selling a bike is rare... from where I'm sitting your in the driver seat.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The reason I'm looking at the dealer is the trade aspect otherwise I'm not in the game at this point.

Thanks Gold , black Fri there doing zero down & zero interest for the term of the loan, I'm having a hard time getting 60 months to come out to that payment otherwise.
Plus you will get more out of your ride selling on your own---dealers will not take a hit,they make money on both ends.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
And please do not only focus on the monthly payment, check the interest rate they are giving you...If your credit is good you should be able to find better financing before you get to the dealer. And then have them try to match it.

Check the term as well... Based on interest rate, you could be paying for less months, same monthly payment and save thousands of dollars by doing it at 48 or 60 months versus 72 or 84...

This is how dealers take advantage of people that are only focused on a monthly payment.
Wachuko, I like your way of thinking. Alternative way of financing: IF, you have owned your home and built up equity, take out a line of credit with your bank. My wife have done this with car purchases and home improvements in the past and the line of credit interest rate has been as low as 2.8 to 3.5 percent. The line of credit comes with a check book so you are talking to the dealership sales mgr about a cash deal. And with low interest rates you can pay off the line of cr much quicker than financing through the dealership. We have paid off car notes within 2 yrs. My:2cents

1 - 20 of 62 Posts