Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the lighting coming from the new day maker light on my 2014 Ultra Classic Limited both head light and fog lights/running lights whatever you want to call them. However, I am disappointed in the high beam alone. Too narrow of a beam. I like a lot of scattered light on side of road well in front of me too. Especially in curves.

It would help a lot of the fog lights would stay on when high bean is on.

Is there a way to do this?

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
I think the new bikes can be programmed to do this at the dealer. Or so I thought was stated here in another thread
Older models had a work around But I'm not 100%on this

·
Registered
192 Posts
I love the lighting coming from the new day maker light on my 2014 Ultra Classic Limited both head light and fog lights/running lights whatever you want to call them. However, I am disappointed in the high beam alone. Too narrow of a beam. I like a lot of scattered light on side of road well in front of me too. Especially in curves.

It would help a lot of the fog lights would stay on when high bean is on.

Is there a way to do this?
Like said, It can be done at the dealer. Takes minutes to flash the computer and most will do it for free.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Note this is an old thread but was browsing and came upon it. Both the moco and Kuryakyn sell jumpers that will accomplish this on older bikes. Moco costs more at +/- $30. Also for those inclined to cut and splice there is a thread on a DIY way to accomplish this.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I know that on autos you can pull the relay and then bend the correct prong over and reinstall and they stay on either low or high. You of course would need to know which relay and which prob gives the signal to turn off the fogs when highs come on! But if there's already jumpers and or re flashes I would suggest going that route .

·
Banned
71 Posts
I know that on autos you can pull the relay and then bend the correct prong over and reinstall and they stay on either low or high. You of course would need to know which relay and which prob gives the signal to turn off the fogs when highs come on! But if there's already jumpers and or re flashes I would suggest going that route .
That will not work on a Harley, the relay turns power on , not turns power off .

·
CRSO
347 Posts
On the 14 Ultras it's all done in software. Dealer can do it with the service computer quickly.

They ship from the factory with the bike programmed to turn the passing lamps off when you engage the high beam; this is to comply with some (stupid) laws certain states have (Pennsylvania comes to mind). If you have a required vehicle inspection in your state and this is the case, then you fail if they don't automatically turn off.

The way the MoCo ships the bike it will comply with all states with regards to lighting.

Of course this narrow-minded type of legislation was written by people who don't ride (some states don't allow modulating headlights or brake lights as well).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Just had mine re-programmed to do so! So much better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts