Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Christ....I hope that's for keeping beer cold.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
I dont see if they did go water cooled, why they would just cool the heads. Seems like they would cool the jugs as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i know that water cooling is good and all because vehicles use it and even some scooters use it but that just looks big and bulky and would just kill the whole harley look in my opinion....and i agree i dont see what the benefit of just doin the heads would be....

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
i know that water cooling is good and all because vehicles use it and even some scooters use it but that just looks big and bulky and would just kill the whole harley look in my opinion....and i agree i dont see what the benefit of just doin the heads would be....

Yeah.....I think the "big and bulky" argument isn't gonna fly. Its a Harley. The epitome of big and bulky. That's like the 300lbs mother in law asking if a specific dress makes her ass look big. Stop blaming the dress......

The head is the hottest part of a cylinder. Although, what we can't see are if any cooling ports run through the jugs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
dave i spose ur probly right on the big and bulky thing, it does say thats for a touring model and parts would be hiddin in the faring so that would probly work out ok, but i would hope they would come up w/ a diffrent design for the other bikes that done have all the body work on them, so they have the ability to retain some of the classic looks that i would think define the harleys.

·
Registered
485 Posts
@ sparks427, your avatar I hate to p*zz on your point... BUT talk to Lance Armstrong and see what HE says about how many ballz you need to go racing :rollin: To the issue of cooling, we all know it is a matter of time. It won't be terrible, been on the V-rod since it hit the market, and that system works pretty good. So, why wouldn't it work on the rest of the line-up?

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
That patent has been around for a few years now.
We might see something like it someday.
FWIW: BMW has come out with a water cooled boxer. The blocks pretty much the same, only the heads are cooled.:nod

·
Registered
58 Posts
@wrnchtchr i guess i never realized they were water cooled, but if they can hide it on that bike to not be noticble at a glance then i'd say they could hide it on the other ones as well! and as for lance armstrong he was dopin so that tells me he had no balls to win anything to start with! lol :nos :rollin

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think H.D. is going to eventually have to go to water cooled due to EPA regulations. As of now they are at 103 c.i. and tuning to the lean side just to meet regulations. This makes for more heat and reduced fuel economy as well as rider discomfort. I personally would like to see H.D. come out with a bagger using the V-Rod engine.

My 2 cents worth

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
With the water cooled design, I could have heat on my feet and legs during the winter.
And during the summer as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts