Harley Davidson Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1994 FLHR Road King.
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It's ironic that I bought a brand new KLR 650 adventure bike to be more confident on due to it being a new bike, but after a couple of week of riding it, I am nervous. It is so tall and top heavy that it terrifies me. I have dropped it twice, despite me being 6'2" and beefy.

I was nervous on the Road King since the tires were so old, and that it broke down, and the handlebar bushings are toast. But when actually riding it, it is more relaxing and fun than the brand new bike.

Thinking about selling the KLR and buying an ATV for woods exploration, and keeping the Road King for commuting and fun. The KLR is a great bike, but does nothing well, and everything OK.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
It's ironic that I bought a brand new KLR 650 adventure bike to be more confident on due to it being a new bike, but after a couple of week of riding it, I am nervous. It is so tall and top heavy that it terrifies me. I have dropped it twice, despite me being 6'2" and beefy.

I was nervous on the Road King since the tires were so old, and that it broke down, and the handlebar bushings are toast. But when actually riding it, it is more relaxing and fun than the brand new bike.

Thinking about selling the KLR and buying an ATV for woods exploration, and keeping the Road King for commuting and fun. The KLR is a great bike, but does nothing well, and everything OK.
I believe your good friends on this forum alluded to the fact that the "adventure bike" wouldn't cure your problem. Test an ATV to see if that is really the solution. It just could be what you need for your off road adventures.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts