Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This season I've taken my bike out a handful of times. It has roughly 9500 miles on it. The first time i rode it this season i noticed a louder than normal "clunking" noise. for the most part it stands out when i am at a stop or idle. the noise is harder to hear when i'm cruising. I'm pretty sure it wasn't as loud last year. I first thought it might be bad gas and have gone through about 3 tanks already without the sound going away. I figured it was close enough to 10,000 to change the oils and plugs, so i did that too. noise didn't go away. I took it to a harley dealer and they said it might not be getting enough oil in the top end, but the main guy was sick that day so they told me to come back. then went to a independent guy who said the plugs are probably bad, and never mentioned the oil. two different answers from two different places. any ideas or is it just a loud sportster and im nuts?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Check your primary chain adjustment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. while i was doing the trans fluid I checked the primary chain and it was still there.ha maybe i'll attempt adjusting it.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Might look at your engine mounts. see if they still bounce right. I'd kinda doubt the oiling problem and be leary of some one making elaborate work for themselves. And hell you just changed the plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts