Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had some upgrades done to my SGS and after upgrading stereo I rode my bike into the trailer! After trailering bike for 20 miles I attempted to start bike and nothing!!!! I placed the key fob with bike to ensure bike security wasn't going off while trailering! After Trouble shooting bike I came up with bike was initially turning on with head light turning on and fuel pump turning on but bike will not do anything else. Dash will not light up radio will not light up no horn no nothing! HAS ANYONE HAD THIS ISSUE? After taking bike to dealer they said that the wires than run parallel to the handle bars where pinched! They stated that the new Bars I installed where suppose to have the wires running internally so they caused the extension wire to get pinched because I ran wires external! That makes no damn sense to me because those same wires are installed from factory external! I even added the extension wires to the wiring harness. I only went with 10 inch bars and really didn't need to use the extension but use them anyway due to I had already purchased them! I know the radio installers went inside of the batwing to install amp but realize amp was to big and placed amp inside of rear bags! I'm trying to really figure out what happened because I rode my bike in the trailer! The wires wasn't pinched then and I only trailered and attempted to take out of trailer and bike wouldn't start! I also tied bike down at bottom of frame so nothing touched the bars or wire harness so I'm lost! Also the tech told me the fuses was blown when he trouble shot the bike but I checked all fuse prior to taking bike in and not one fuse was blown! Unless there are more fuses on the bike beside on shifter side. I'm baffled that the fuses where blown but they where not blown when I checked them! Has anyone had this issue?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
there is a process for trailering and security in the owners manual. I posted the process in another thread. Don't have time or energy to look for it right now but will tomorrow.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
That's what the disable mode is for I think. You don't want to keep the fob with it. I believe there was a thread about this a few weeks back. Search for it. It will explain everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts