Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a little wait, all of the parts for my new bars are in. I torn the bike apart earlier this week. I got the bars internally wired tonight. Chasarms and I are going to do the real work tomorrow at 0830 hours. Pictures to prove it all will be posted in the morning. Just another example of the great people on this forum. Thanks to Chasarms in advance for his awesomeness.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
You're in great hands!

--

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was a machine. I just fanned him with a palm branch. But for real, a giant thanks to Chasarms. He is the man. As far as the bike goes, I just have to button things up and refill fluids and it will be ready for a test ride. I am super stoked. I am going to have to buy that man a lot of rounds.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Great way to go Thunder Struck. Get r done, Test r out, Celebrate job well done. Like 1,2,3.........Enjoy ur new bars 1Shot!!!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It was a fun day. I am eager to see it all buttoned up. It was hot as eff though. I got home and stood in the shower for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got out of the pool. But before that I got it put back together. Trans fluid filled. It started up and everything looks good. Early morning test ride is the plan for tomorrow. I am just going to have to order some of those cable guides and it will be done. For now.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Looking good!!!!!!

Chief...you seeing this!!!!!!??????????? :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the bars. I used LA Choppers cables and they are about three inches too long. I took measurements myself but the guy at LA Choppers said their measurement were perfect for my bike. I should have trusted my own measurements. I think it is still going to be fine and look good but there is extra for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts