Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went out to get my laundry a minute ago and looked at he motor on my work stand and couldn't help thinking to myself "will this thing ever run again". Nothing like staring at a motor sitting on your work bench! :eek:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I went out to get my laundry a minute ago and looked at he motor on my work stand and couldn't help thinking to myself "will this thing ever run again". Nothing like staring at a motor sitting on your work bench! :eek:
:rofl: Keep us posted with the pics. Good luck!

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Max fun is going to be seeing my wife's face when she gets back from deployment. She has no idea that I'm doing this! It will be priceless the first time she opens the garage door. :eek:

·
Tire Killer
99 Posts
Lonnie you took pictures of how everything came apart and tagged, marked and bagged all your bolts, nuts, washers,etc.? :eek:
Never mind there probably wasn't any room for that stuff. With the Crown Royal hogging up the work bench.:rofl:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lonnie,
All I can tell you about building a mutant is, Fit and then refit every part. Even tho the frames are in a jigg at the welding stage, sometimes you need to redrill your motor mounts.

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lonnie,
All I can tell you about building a mutant is, Fit and then refit every part. Even tho the frames are in a jigg at the welding stage, sometimes you need to redrill your motor mounts.
Yea I figured as much Bruce. I look for lots of late nights headaches blood sweat tears etc before the thing goes together .

·
Registered
472 Posts
Max fun is going to be seeing my wife's face when she gets back from deployment. She has no idea that I'm doing this! It will be priceless the first time she opens the garage door. :eek:
I am excited to see how this project turns out for you, BUT I have a question. :confused: What in the hell are you going to do if the Wifey liked her bike the way it was bought?

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am excited to see how this project turns out for you, BUT I have a question. :confused: What in the hell are you going to do if the Wifey liked her bike the way it was bought?
If she doesnt like it, I will have one kick ass bike to ride while mine gets a big bore!! :ride :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts